Cradle of Humankind

Mark_48

Hi Guy's, I did this route for the first time on Sat (Cradle of humankind), hoping to disprove family members who live in the area claiming that the club I ride with have some of the rudest members. Only to see the truth behind their bitternes towards cyclist.

Beautifully marked cycling lanes have been created for us cyclist's, but unfortunately there are some douche bags that own the road, or so they would like to think, riding in a group of 20 odd cyclist taking up the whole road (4 abreast) and giving the finger to motorists that get frustrated because they cannot pass safely.

You guy's are the chops that are giving the rest of us law abiding, considerate cyclist's a bad rep. You culprits are the first to stand up and shout abuse at motorist's that have accidently knocked a cyclist over or worse yet killed a cyclist.

Come on guys, I know that before the ride on a Sat morning a briefing is done and we are asked to please NOT ride more than 2 abreast, why the hell can you not just keep to that.

My Rant for the day

Not one to name & shame, but certainly not the club that rides in Black & red kit, they seem to understand the rules, more clearly than most

I did a short stint with SuperCycling out of Fourways on Saturday before being pwnd up the hill to Lanseria. i was VERY impressed that they stopped at red traffic lights. Well done guys.

Unfortunately it is the 94.7 funride training season, and the non regular cyclists are out in that area as well.

I myself gave a family of 6 some stick for riding 5 abreast as you go past the lion park. The one chap was in the oncoming lane!

Unfortunately it is the 94.7 funride training season, and the non regular cyclists are out in that area as well.

I myself gave a family of 6 some stick for riding 5 abreast as you go past the lion park. The one chap was in the oncoming lane!

exactly and I think this sometimes can make the big clubs look bad... if a group of fun riders are 3 or 4 abreast going along at 15kph, a club group of 20 or 30 riders have to go around them - which means for a moment they will be forced to take up the road. I can only speak for the groups I ride in and we stick to the left and never more than 2-abreast.

Also an issue worth noting - those "beautiful cycling lanes" at various points on the route are littered with rubble, stones and glass.

Someone also need to maintain those cycling lanes.

EDIT: Oh - and I don't condone rude inconsiderate riding, I'm the first one to say something when guys ride more than 2 abreast or even too far into the road. But the state of the riding lanes is an issue that needs considering.

Edited by rattlesnake

I absolutely agree with you regarding the rubble , stones & glass, but how do we go about sorting this out

I absolutely agree with you regarding the rubble , stones & glass, but how do we go about sorting this out

Not sure - I know club 100 are fixing potholes. Perhaps some of those family members of yours living in the area would be willing / or know of someone that is involved with the local community to try and clean up a bit?

And or engage with clubs like club 100 to partner in this. That way it's a win for all involved.

Souds like a good idea, will talk to the family.

@ SeanN, not wanting box with any one, but consderation for others is all that is required.

The cyclists in the middle of the road are really in the way when I ride through the Cradle at 300, they are inconsiderate

*Flame suit already on*

Considerate cyclists are few and far between these days.

Seems like its mostly a bunch of ex-golfer cocks with serious inadequacy issues that took up cycling recently out on the roads and trails...

Considerate cyclists are few and far between these days.

Seems like its mostly a bunch of ex-golfer cocks with serious inadequacy issues that took up cycling recently out on the roads and trails...

Im a golfer, Ive got a cock and im not a cock... well at least I dont think I am huh.png