Another Action Camera

_freak_

Friend had a Drift, worked pretty well, although some features were sub-par compared to the Go-Pro and Contour, not sure about the latest ones. But the most important thing is, DON'T USE GROUPON!

If you don't believe me, visit Hello Peter and check out the complaints, I am a concerned citizen :P

Friend had a Drift, worked pretty well, although some features were sub-par compared to the Go-Pro and Contour, not sure about the latest ones. But the most important thing is, DON'T USE GROUPON!

If you don't believe me, visit Hello Peter and check out the complaints, I am a concerned citizen tongue.png

I am a regular user of groupon... The problem doesnt sit with Groupon but rather the service providers that advertise. I have only really ever used the service/restaurant related/accommodation deals and must say I have never been disappointed... Most of the issues seem to be around buying products which the delivery is solely in the hands of the person offering the deal which I can understand may lead to issues!

I am a regular user of groupon... The problem doesnt sit with Groupon but rather the service providers that advertise. I have only really ever used the service/restaurant related/accommodation deals and must say I have never been disappointed... Most of the issues seem to be around buying products which the delivery is solely in the hands of the person offering the deal which I can understand may lead to issues!

Fair enough, but my first and only experience with them booking an overseas holiday turned into a nightmare, and let's not mention trying to get a hold of them or get a refund.

There was also a thread on the hub earlier about a Pyro Lights Groupon deal that went t*ts-up, hence my reason to always caution others when dealing with them :)

Ive been using one for about a year now. dont have any issues with it. bought for two reasons i.e battery life and rotating lens design. 5Hr extended battery life and with the rotating lens design, i can mount it anywhere at any angle. great for mtb and trail running. footage is great 720/1080 frame rate up to 60.

My choice over Go Pro.

Price performance-wise thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Not bad at this price but at full RRP I would still go with the GoPro Hero 3 at R3K. Keep in mind that GoPros are often used in the film industry, can the same be said of this unit?

Not bad at this price but at full RRP I would still go with the GoPro Hero 3 at R3K. Keep in mind that GoPros are often used in the film industry, can the same be said of this unit?

Jy bedoel seker hero 2?