I love this stripper......

MuddyMike

not sure if I'm going to take the risk on my carbon frame so I'm testing on the kevlar protector for my downtube. Took about 2 hours to remove the top coat of paint and just scrubbed and put on a second application to take off the next coat.

Anybody tried this product on their whole carbon frame yet?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/yy25/rock78pics/IMG-20121109-00446.jpg

Sweet! why dont you covert the drive train to a fixie?

not sure if I'm going to take the risk on my carbon frame so I'm testing on the kevlar protector for my downtube. Took about 2 hours to remove the top coat of paint and just scrubbed and put on a second application to take off the next coat.

Anybody tried this product on their whole carbon frame yet?

I wouldnt play games with carbon.

Have it professionally done.

Being that its resin and fiber and all.

Unless your warranty keeshD and you dont want to pay close to 2k for pro job.thumbup1.gif

Sweet! why dont you covert the drive train to a fixie?

I alreday have a fxed gear bike, this is a 'cross bike.....1x10 drive.

Finished stripping my bike. This is my training bike, so the final product doesn't really look awesome, but the stripper does work wonderfully.

I had to put on 3 applications, with about 3-4 hours wait between each application. Afterwards I had a clear coat applied by a guy here in Cape Town.

Here are some before and after pics:

post-32108-0-29325700-1352548705_thumb.jpg

post-32108-0-23421200-1352548728_thumb.jpg

post-32108-0-14307100-1352548741_thumb.jpg

post-32108-0-68345500-1352548752_thumb.jpg

post-32108-0-35598200-1352548801_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

BiG UP and thnx to mike for getting some stripper to me.Went out of his way and hooked me up 2 bottles nogal clap.gif .Really do appreciate it and seems like a top guy shot mikethumbup1.gif

BiG UP and thnx to mike for getting some stripper to me.Went out of his way and hooked me up 2 bottles nogal clap.gif .Really do appreciate it and seems like a top guy shot mikethumbup1.gif

Same here. 2 Bottles. thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Why would you wanna spoil a fairly good looking frame like this? Those chips and scuff marks gives it "houding"

Same here. 2 Bottles. thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

Its a pleasure guys, enjoy the rebuilds! thumbup1.gif

Would this stripper work on a Reba? Mine has the usual scuff marks and scratches and I'd like to repaint it. Just not sure if the stripper will damage the metal as I think the lowers contain magnesium?

• 1 year later...

To revive an old thread....

Decided to respray my son's MTB. Bought some Remove-all and applied it last night.... That stuff is EVIL! Paintwork is all nice and frilly this morning. Will wash it off this afternoon as soon as I get home.

To revive an old thread....

Decided to respray my son's MTB. Bought some Remove-all and applied it last night.... That stuff is EVIL! Paintwork is all nice and frilly this morning. Will wash it off this afternoon as soon as I get home.

Thanks for reviving this one. Reminds me I have two frames waiting to be done. I'll have to pop into builders on the way home...

clear coat does not always work. I did this with a frame and got a mate in the auto industry to spray it with a high qaulity product used on BMW cars. there are some pinholes in the coating and with the amount I sweat it is now corroding terribly.

From what I can ascertain with my limited paint application knowledge is that you need to apply an etch primer to the raw aluminium if you are going to be spraying it. Unfortunately this doesn't really work if you are planning to leave it raw.... I did my DH frame. Stripped it raw and then sanded it to try and get the "grain" all going the same way. Had it cleared by a panel beater using the new water based paint system as done on all new cars.

It chipped and started flaking within a month. This time I am going to have a go at it myself..... Some graphics and a solvent based clear. Holding thumbs I don't stuff it up.