Langebaan Lagoon Cycle Challenge

Cippo

I was dropped before entering the reserve and fought to get back in the Group (D-F).Legs came back at the second turnaround but punctured soon after. Riding alone, I got to see the tortoises and those red-coloured locusts whom, the conservationist says, are in their 'walking stage' - that explains why none of them got out of the way! Great event. Down-side though: my school kids we Started last and rode +- 3h45, didn't have a timing mat to cross. Timing guys should make it worth their while since these kids from Bonteheuwel arranged things themselves to be at this event. We'll be back though...after we've forgotten about Mamba Hill

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks. At least you and the bikes came out the other side unscathed

Ja, but a lot of damage to the car.

We came from Vredendal 02.30 this morning. Halfway there we hit a drunk guy sleeping in the road. Went over him with the car and trailer. Bikes came loose, luckily did not fall off. After the police arrived and finished the reports it was 07.00. Car was put on a tow truck and we went back home. was really looking forward to this race, since my last ride was the Argus.

Yoh!

Is the dude okay?

Yoh!

Is the dude okay?

No, he died on impact. 2 ton BMW x5 and trailer went over him. Edited by Breezer

No, he died on impact. 2 ton BMW x5 and trailer went over him.

Yes. of course.

Sorry to hear.

:-/

Great event and i can honestly say i saw none of the great views.

First 20 were shocking and took nearly 30kms to actually warm the legs up and stop suffering from the rollers. No one wanted to work on the front while the wind blew before the first turn then everyone was all over it.

I had the exact same experience! Formed a little group of 5 and it was only myself and another willing to work...cyclists seriously need to learn to help or struggle along on their own.

All n all a really nice race and really enjoyed the challenge mamba gave :)

I had the exact same experience! Formed a little group of 5 and it was only myself and another willing to work...cyclists seriously need to learn to help or struggle along on their own.

All n all a really nice race and really enjoyed the challenge mamba gave smile.png

Sometimes people want to help but it takes all they have just to hang on to the bunch. I hooked onto the back of a small group and would loved to be able to help but I would of been dropped in minutes if I had.

Pics for Langebaan are busy uploading on my website. Hope your in one of them.

http://www.capcha.co.za

Waiting patiently thanks. Always happy with your work. Just photoshop the sweats pouring down on Mamba Hill.

Sometimes people want to help but it takes all they have just to hang on to the bunch. I hooked onto the back of a small group and would loved to be able to help but I would of been dropped in minutes if I had.

I do understand your point too, but from the one doing all the work it does get rather frustrating (and tiring) when you are pulling a little group on your own. It is a tricky one, because we all love the sport and all want our best time possible. I also think that is more evident in a small group than a large one when people don't/can't help.

this was in my back yard really enjoyed it started in the last temp group and had lots of fun !!! wind was a bit hectic in places but am happy with my 3h10 clap.gif apparently there were over 1000 riders i think its the most they have ever had and the lucky draw prizes were also good

to tjop J072 who joined our bunch and then blew both nostrils into the fine unpolluted west coast wind go back into your hole.