Do you stretch?

RoboLuke

Say what? You called?

I dont (do) stretch(ing). Bio told me NOT TO stretch, okay.. .maybe just my quads, but my calf muscles are flexible/long enough....

read what Benita de Witt has to say about stretching.... wwww.lynosport.co.za

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never stretched until I started to struggle with ITB, but that was caused mainly by my jogging.Do the roller once a week and try and stretch twice a week.

Don't stretch either before or after a ride, whether it's on my bike or Unicycle. Never been big into stretching. Used to do it many ... many... many years ago for Karate and Kung-fu, but that was to enhance flexibility for all those kicks and lunges.

I only stretch before a ride, not even 5 minutes

My glutes and hammies are always very stiff early in the morning

I do try and stretch a bit, Ive never been able to touch my toes but in saying that I can touch my head with my feet w00t.gif

Generally my bike practice is:

1. Get on bike

2. Ride somewhere and back

3. Get off bike

4. Drink beer

5. Drink some more beer

Im always stretching my bank balance to buy more cycling goodies. I stretch the truth as to why I really, really need a new pair bibs or component.

Tell me about it.

I always need somethin'.

I've been doing it for the last few months now. I don't know if it help physically but mentally my muscles seem less sore post ride.

what he said

Ya Defs, if you dont stretch them hammie's are gona tighten up.

If i dont stretch regularly i tend to cramp up easily.

• 4 weeks later...

I stretch 3 or 4 times a week after gym. Hate stretching after a ride so don't do it and never before a ride.

It helps me with recovery and reduces soreness. It also seems to help prevent cramping and hugely reduces lower back pain. When I am riding hard I do about 14 to 16 hours a week and 4 times a week at gym. I am 52 and the only injuries I suffer from is when I bail off mt bike. That happens a lot

I believe but have no proof that the stretching has helped keep me injury free

I never stretch, maybe before a run, but not riding. I know I should but haven't. I always feel like I'm pressed for time after a ride.

The only cycling related stretching I do is when I go into the LBS, and then it's stretching the budget. If it's Cajees, the I get the feeling they want me to stretch my hammies and touch my toesblush.png blush.png blush.png

I never stretch, maybe before a run, but not riding. I know I should but haven't. I always feel like I'm pressed for time after a ride.

The only cycling related stretching I do is when I go into the LBS, and then it's stretching the budget. If it's Cajees, the I get the feeling they want me to stretch my hammies and touch my toesblush.png blush.png blush.png

You should NOT stretch before exercise. Stretch AFTER exercise. Do active warmups before exercise. That means taking it easy at the start of the ride, or going for a ride before the event, or going for an easy jog :D

You should NOT stretch before exercise. Stretch AFTER exercise. Do active warmups before exercise. That means taking it easy at the start of the ride, or going for a ride before the event, or going for an easy jog :D

Ah, so I should stretch before I get into my car after going to Cajees and not before going into the store?