Bib V Shorts - cycling

WhuYu

Good day Peeps,

Trying to convince a colleague that a bib is much better than shorts for cycling - but cannot actually think of many actual reasons.........I'v always just used bibs................

Please help with some compelling reasons as to why cycling bib is better to use for cycling than cycling shorts..........look forward to your comments..........

If the colleague is a he, there is one reason that clears it up for ever and ever.

Tell him if he rides in front of you, wearing shorts, and you see his butt crack when he bends over, you're going to push him off the road. :P

Used to ride with shorts, but now only use bibs. Find them more comfortable. Why? Not sure.. Maybe peer pressure? Using Anatomic (club + other) kit

Also have some tripants, and have ridden up to 70km in them, also comfortable... Love my 2XUs

Good fit, and well made are the two most important points (my opinion), so do not compare cheap pants to expensive bibs...

Once you try bibs, you'll never go back to shorts. Agree also that you must try and buy the best bib you can afford. Its pointless buying the cheapest just for sake of having a bib. Goedkoop is duurkoop.

I find bibs stay in place better than plain rods, nobody likes to see a plumbers crack when your shorts start slipping down

For mostly random reasons I pretty much only have bibs now, but honestly miss shorts because they're just easier and lighter and less hot in summer. I've never felt my shorts slipping down. What the heck do you people do? Stop oiling your bum.

I started out in shorts,now also use bibs. My reasons for changing:

1: Kept having to adjust the chamois

2:on a technical downhill the last thing you need is your shorts getting stuck behind your seat.

Good day Peeps,

Trying to convince a colleague that a bib is much better than shorts for cycling - but cannot actually think of many actual reasons.........I'v always just used bibs................

Please help with some compelling reasons as to why cycling bib is better to use for cycling than cycling shorts..........look forward to your comments..........

How do you know bibs are better?