Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

URL on drugfreesport.org.za is not available for this story. Early reports are saying its EPO.

This is heart breaking for SA cycling.

tis true...thanks dave

Sussie giving him stick on twitter..." I wish that guy never turned to mtb'ing"

Why does it take 3 months?

Cycling needs a root and branch review starting from the UCI downwards. I'm sure Nedbank will play the responsible corporate citizen and withdraw. Don't people realise how hard it is to get a sponsor???

This tweet from Sauser is quite profound

haha very well said! wish that guy never turned to mtb “@RobbieHunter: 15 year time bomb just went bang....”

Nasty to the sport!

I thought Kevin to be a gent of the sport but spending so much time in close proximity to someone without knowing says one of 2 tings:

Either you are a thick as cultured yogurt or ................. I dont even want to say it

AMEN brother

URL on drugfreesport.org.za is not available for this story. Early reports are saying its EPO.

My guess is that he was micro-dosing if it's EPO. If so, throw the book at him.

Surely a whole process should ensue before Nedbank decides to pull the plug. I would have thought they would have waited for this to go to CSA (or whoever the governing body would be) and once they state that he has doped then they terminate the sponsorship. Just seems very premature in that we get the news from a sponsor as opposed to the governing body - maybe they think if there's smoke there's fire.

Not that I am a DG fan but surely due process should be followed when someone's livelihood is at stake.

Wonder if Kevin is accepting cv's - I'm pretty fit at the moment - not.

Not in the current environment, dude. Would be a very bad business decision from Nedbank to continue when there is a confirmed positive test, even if just from one sample.

Surely a whole process should ensue before Nedbank decides to pull the plug. I would have thought they would have waited for this to go to CSA (or whoever the governing body would be) and once they state that he has doped then they terminate the sponsorship. Just seems very premature in that we get the news from a sponsor as opposed to the governing body - maybe they think if there's smoke there's fire.

Not that I am a DG fan but surely due process should be followed when someone's livelihood is at stake.

Contract probably states that if tested positive you're guilty until proven innocent. From a sponsor point of view you would also want to take action before or at the same time as CSA. Lets hope that they can clear this mess up soon. Call me an optimist, but perhaps there is a reasonable explanation for all of this. I think its premature to ask for the guy to be burned at the stake.

But let's not jump to conclusions. Might have had a saddle sore...

That is what TUE's are for.

Why should there be a process? This is clearly a contractual issue. If Nedbank had any sense, which I'm sure they do, they would have a term in the contract stipulating what would happen if a rider tested positive. There's nothing more to it.

WOW....but I have been wondering about this...

It is no secret that I am a 360life fan, in particular KE because he always seemed to be the 'harder worker' of the two (that is if he is not in hospital or recovering).......lately though (go look at footage) DG has been doing the leading and it left me with a raised eyebrow every time I saw that. thumbdown.gif

I am very sad that this is the way 'they' (pro cyclists) are choosing to 'get there'!