Team 360Life Suspension: David George busted

Jules

Nice post. But.

You can't accuse someone if you do not have PROOF. These days people sue left, right and centre and in a public forum one cannot just say this and that and sis and so.

So to comment on something posted on a public forum that is not FACT but something that someone SAID.....potential career ending move.

That said, it is VERY easy to drop a line to DrugfreeSA to tell them and as AUTHORITY on the matter can prove what is fact and what is not.

Ha ha ha, Nice reply and valid post!

And I for one do not disagree with you. I would hate to be dragged to court for a libel or slander over what is a recreational sport for 99% of all participants.

The fact that I was alluding to was that unless the "guilty party" is already swinging from the gallows, uncomfortable posts are overlooked and ignored by all.

As also noted by many on the forum, the "pros" local and national will avoid these topics like the plague.

Tylor Hamilton's book says it all, speak no evil, hear no evil. That is the entrance fee that you pay to be part of the fraternity.

(And you pay a different kind of fee to keep pace with that fraternity) whistling.gif

• Replies 962
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Facts are this Cycling as a "sport" has zero credibility its as credible as bodybuilding or WWF. The pros are all doped up they wouldnt have a snowballs chance if they didnt dope. The question i have is why do sponsors, fans media etc act so dissapointed , suprised when it happens??? The sport is a drug sport and that is that, either accept cycling for what it is " a sport that is heavily dependent on potions and witchcraft to make you go faster" or watch another sport. Simple as that.

While I agree that we shouldn't be surprised, cycling isn't dirtier than any of the other sports. So what should we watch? Soapies?

No need to make this a roadie MTB thing. It's a cycling thing. Road is not harder or easier than MTB. Riders work at there hardest in both disciplines.

I think it more likely a roadie will dope because of the number of events. The schedule is insane. Spring classics, several tours, grand tours and then the autumn races as well as worlds.

On a local level MTB has a more punishing schedule than road with lots of stage races. Not surprised a MTB guy got caught.

News24 - George has chance to name and shame, so it seems we are in for our own "years of conspiracy"

Personally I'm always surprised that people are surprised. A post earlier stated that the dopers should be ostracized from the sport, probably one of the most intelligent statements made here. Note how all the ex dopers are the ones with the biggest mouths getting the TV presenter positions, book deals and interviews. We should not be allowing them into our sport at all, get them off the TV's, who cares what they have to say and don't buys their books - they really should be socially unacceptable and frowned upon, discarded and expelled from cycling. Life time bans should be imposed and jail time awarded as prize money awarded to cheats is akin to stealing in my book which is a criminal offence.

At the moment the punishment is just not harsh enough to discourage the use of PEDs. The risk vs reward factor is just to small and many many cyclists are probably making more money out of the doping admissions than they made throughout their entire careers and this is wrong. Dopers should be ostracized to the point where they should not be welcome in anything that has to with with cycling, shame on us for allowing them to continue to make a living from the sport that they so selfishly disrespected. To the fans that followed them and cheered them and celebrated their victories with them these dopers cheated you, they stole from you don't continue to make them rich by allowing them into a sport which we so dearly love.

Bottom line here is that the punishment must be so harsh and the risk so great that getting caught will make anyone who has a career in cycling think long and hard before inserting the needle. The governing bodies need to stop pussy footing around these issues and grow some balls and sort out this mess that they have created.

Why is everyone waiting for Kevin Evans to say something? Is he married to this George oke or something?

That's like when Vino got nicked, desperately waiting for Kash to say something, and then Kash got nicked too. Wait, maybe that isn't the analogy ya'll want, see as none may cast aspersion on Evans?

Lots of people are interested to hear Evans response is since DG's positive test has a direct influence on him

While I agree that we shouldn't be surprised, cycling isn't dirtier than any of the other sports. So what should we watch? Soapies?

Read somewhere there are already 80 positives in SA sport this year alone?

Only 2 cycling as far as I know? DG and Epic dude?

jail time awarded as prize money awarded to cheats is akin to stealing in my book which is a criminal offence.

Bottom line here is that the punishment must be so harsh and the risk so great that getting caught will make anyone who has a career in cycling think long and hard before inserting the needle. The governing bodies need to stop pussy footing around these issues and grow some balls and sort out this mess that they have created.

thumbup1.gif

post-25-0-92752800-1352298038_thumb.gif

You're draw harmful, unsubstantiated conclusions. Guilty by association? Really? Stick to the guilty guy untill proven otherwise please.

I thought that was parr for the course on The Hub(the harmful, unsubstantiated conclusions part)

My point is I become very cynical when I hear of some athlete's super human effort to win or achieve something. But then again, so what? My favorite sport is endurance offroad bikes, and I'll eat my Tech 10's if you can prove to me none of the front runners of the Dakar is doping. That won't stop me watching it though

Now, this is where I'd throw my toys... if I was DG.

He was caught red handed, at the time of testing, they can not proof when before he took the stuff so all races before, hands off,

how long does the stuff stay in your system, improve your performance, if they can't proof that either, the next race, say a week later, is hands off, if they want to take it back, show he was benefiting from the previous positive test, or show he had the stuff in his blood during that race, no proof no game.

seriously, I know these are rules, and ye we need rules, but surely there is some logic to law,s and proof of transgression at time of race needed, otherwise you going to end with mr x took something in january, so his races in december, he is not the winner, because he was naughty way back.

G

There was (is)a positive at Epic, but it is not DG -- that person's hearing was due to be held last week but has been postponed. The person who tested positive was not one of the top guys (not in the top 50) and could be a case of legitimate medical exemption.

As far as I understand things DG cannot be stripped of anything from before August 29 (the date he was tested) so Epic results should stand, but he can be sanctioned for races after that. So the guy who was hoping to move up to postion 327 at Sani is still in position 328 and WAS beaten by DG and KE, but if you finished 134th at Cape Pioneer you are now 133rd ... and if you were second on Stage 2 of Cape Pioneer you may just have earned yourself a R100 000 bonus !

And, presuming KE is innocent (and we have no reason to say anything different, although I am sure that will not stop the speculation), think how that will affect him. He has probably just lost his share of R125 000 for Pioneer, plus he will forever be tainted and his credibility has taken a huge blow ... and if Nedbank do pull out he has lost his sponsor.

Wonder who KE will ride Epic with? Max Knox may be a good teammate?

and this is where I'm starting to think the UCI and potential CSA etc and everyone else need to sit down, and maybe the riders also.

"Proof"... what counts as it.

G

You're draw harmful, unsubstantiated conclusions. Guilty by association? Really? Stick to the guilty guy untill proven otherwise please.

News24 - George has chance to name and shame, so it seems we are in for our own "years of conspiracy"

So pretty much all and sundry(except Kevin Evans) in SA pro cycling are blasting off their tweets

http://www.sport24.c...doping-20121107

Tour de France stage winner Robbie Hunter posted: 15 year time bomb just went bang....

Hunter, in an interview with Darren Scott, called George "stupid" and highlighted a previous incident when George was warned regarding the use of EPO.

Three-time Absa Cape Epic and Olympic medal winner, Switzerland's Christoph Sauser, responded to Hunter by saying:haha very well said! wish that guy never turned to mtb - in reference to George's change in recent years from road cyclist to mountain biker.

SA cycling star Daryl Impey added: There's many of us paying the price for these clowns. Life time bans plus financial pay-backs to sponsors.

Well known SA presenter Sasha Martinengo tweeted: If any sportsperson is caught using drugs then they should be banned for life. No matter F1, table tennis or hand ball, to which SA's top mountain biker and multiple Cape Epic winner, Burry Stander, replied: Amen before adding people wont have any faith in us clean riders because of these assholes.

SA's world downhill mountain bike champion, Greg Minnaar, also voiced his anger, writing: David George you idiot.... Who's next???” time will tell I guess... I don't even know why I'm disappointed in David George's positive test, it was only a matter of time.... You can only dodge so many bullets, before concluding with - while pictured enjoying a well-deserved beer - Killer riding today in Italy, I much prefer dopping to doping ay Dave ???

SA actress and Cape Epic rider Vanessa Haywood, added: This is a very sad day for South African mountain biking.... I am very disappointed. :-(

Haywood's boyfriend, SA trail runner extraordinaire, Ryan Sandes, expressed his sadness for George's long-time Nedbank 360Life partner Kevin Evans, tweeting: Too sad for Kevin Evans!

Evans has yet to respond on Twitter.

Of course Impey and Hunter have both also ridden on Lance's teams, which unfortunately is a blot on their credibility.

I'm not so sure they should be publicly throwing bricks here, because if there are any dirty skeletons in their own closets then DG will come out firing. Maybe this is proof that they have nothing to hide, but that's a tenuous link.