Tokai Plantation - 24th November - Downhill Race

daneger

Guest Omega Man

hey, you got a bakkie! Problem solved.

I'll have the boys with me on Saturday. We'll need to form work groups and split up..

I will be busy during Dec.. agree no volunteer days. Feb is cool, give the guys an earned break..

Ja, and oupa is not going to be satisfied till he is broke good 'n proper!

No!

Sweet. Yes.

Ditto plus I wanna ride a bit.

Ja. I think he's got his eye on a nurse and hasn't plucked up the nerve to ask her out yet.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Omega Man

HA HA HA! The pieces fall into place! You think he prefers to pay?

Jees bru. With the amount of money he's spent on doctors he could have hired the hottest professional lady friend on the planet 24/7/365.

In all seriousness tho we need to come up with a plan for the bakkie situation. maybe hire a trailer?

Edited by Omega Man

More information has been posted on the opening page guys.

Did I also mention that this race will be on Supercycling? happy.png

Jees bru. With the amount of money he's spent on doctors he could have hired the hottest professional lady friend on the planet 24/7/365.

In all seriousness tho we need to come up with a plan for the bakkie situation. maybe hire a trailer?

Bakkie no longer an issue. See you guys at 9.

This is the perfect opportunity for the XC guys to try their hand at a little gravity racing. The track will be the std DH track at tokai which most of you have ridden 1000 times before.

The only really gnarly features on the track are the road gap and the new monster jump at the bottom. There will be alternate lines around these features and on a XC bike you'll be able to make up time on the bottom section where it flattens out (Especially if the SE is blowing). So you won't be at a disadvantage compared to the dudes on their dh bikes. Plus they are all unfit remember so you can pedal where their tongues will be hanging out. There might even be a fella by the name of Hopkins on his PYGA 29er out there trying to prove a point.

There are many guys who have DH bikes (myself included) that are seriously considering running their AM bikes instead. So please guys. feel free to attend. It should be a fun event.

As an aside. Recently some guys did timed runs from just above the road gap to the quarry. Pottie did a 2.53 on his Canfield factory DH bike. Pretty damned fast but 4 days later Myles Kelsey did a 2.49 on his AM bike. In slightly different wind conditions it has to be said but it goes to show.

I'm rooting for PYGA (Hopkins!)

Guest Omega Man

I'm rooting for PYGA (Hopkins!)

I think he's away on race weekend unfortunately. Would be interesting to see his times on that circus bike of his.

Did a full run from the start of the track to the big stepdown jump at the bottom. 4mins 6 seconds , no pedalling, and I was stuffed! By far the longest track I've ridden. Gonna be fun on race day!

Did a full run from the start of the track to the big stepdown jump at the bottom. 4mins 6 seconds , no pedalling, and I was stuffed! By far the longest track I've ridden. Gonna be fun on race day!

You'd better bring your A Game on Saturday... There's still another 400m to go after that!

BTW - how'd the building go?

You'd better bring your A Game on Saturday... There's still another 400m to go after that!

Bloody hell, I'm going to need an A+ cheat sheet then! Couldn't even do a full run today, I was knackered by the time I reached Vasbyt... That, and getting used to my new bike setup also bucked me off a few times. It's going to be interesting.

Guest Omega Man

Yup. Super fun track to ride but racing it is another thing all together. I had a nice clean run yesterday. Hit all my lines. Loved it. The guys that are going for the W are gonna have to work hard tho.

I nearly hit some tjop xc rider coming UP the quarry stepdown!!! And we had guys riding up the top berm below the road gap while deon was working on the track.

I nearly hit some tjop xc rider coming UP the quarry stepdown!!! And we had guys riding up the top berm below the road gap while deon was working on the track.

Freakin' dangerous...

That berm below the gap is looking great, thanks for the hard work guys!