Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek to re-allocate results and prize money following David George positive test

Matt

Following the news of David George’s positive test for the prohibited performance-boosting substance, EPO and the rider’s subsequent admission of guilt, the Bridge Cape Pioneer Trek is in the process of re-assessing the 2012 results and prizemoney.

Click here to view the article

Fantastic...melt and matthys will get their prize, even if it's a bit hollow.

Do feel for KE though...he Isn't a trust fund baby like DG

Fantastic...melt and matthys will get their prize, even if it's a bit hollow.

Do feel for KE though...he Isn't a trust fund baby like DG

The victory may be hollow, but M&M's wallets won't be! :-)

We've just been talking about paying back prize money etc. If the test was done in august, how does that affect prior winnings like the epic pocket? Surely you can't pre-date it. I can understand recent winnings.

I cant believe DG is the only one... the results in these events are always so close....not possible that the others aren't on the same track (forgive the pun).

Well, there's a precedent now, isn't there? The only possible answer is that DG be removed from the results, repay the money, and be banned from cycling for life.

I find it hard to believe KE knew nothing about DG...fact that DG did not request a B sample and pleaded guilty immediately he seemed to be relieved he was caught, definitely a old druggie.

Really feel for Kev - remember his speech -" Thanx to Bridge for putting my daugther through Jnr primary"

Nasty - specially since I see what I pay for my daughter to go to school

When do we find out what the sanction is for DG?

There's a tribunal under way. So once that's concluded and depending on what may or may not come out, the UCI and CSA will provide a statement.

Difficult to apply a timeline to that.

I wonder if legally KE can sue DG. I know he wont, but hypothetically speaking such a case should have some merit?