Challange to all sponsered team re Doping.

Chris Willemse

Please you really don't need to dope for our local WP races - but for longevity, some banned substances may help! The CSA president on Super Cycling last night said that we should also respect our own bodies - I do - and I want to live as long as possible in a condition which has a quality of life so why at 40 can I not use commercially available Items to help me live long (forever - Carte Blanch did something on the a few months ago - drug which could see us living to like 1000 years of age). My true racing days are over - but I can still give most elite cyclist a hard time! That is clean to date I have never doped, but for longevity reasons I am now considering my options! The only thing I really want to cheat is death - by living longer - don't we all?

we have all been through this over and over gain.

If you want to "cheat death" (which you can't really) you will by defalt have to "cheat" at competitive cycling. So it is a choice you have to make, cycle competitively or take stuff that may or may not make you live longer. It is ONE or the OTHER. You cannot have your cake and eat it. Also as someone on the cusp of 40 I think you are over reacting about the aging process (you sound like a old man already). Get over it, you will eventually die, either by a muggers bullet, a gangsters blade, a car bumper or old age.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we have all been through this over and over gain.

If you want to "cheat death" (which you can't really) you will by defalt have to "cheat" at competitive cycling. So it is a choice you have to make, cycle competitively or take stuff that may or may not make you live longer. It is ONE or the OTHER. You cannot have your cake and eat it. Also as someone on the cusp of 40 I think you are over reacting about the aging process (you sound like a old man already). Get over it, you will eventually die, either by a muggers bullet, a gangsters blade, a car bumper or old age.

Note my profile pic! While I have 18 till I die by Bryan Adams playing in the background!

R u for real? If so would CWC really support Fondriest knowing this?

u R asking the wrong person , ask CWC.

The problem is that doping is not prohibited by law. The LA case have opened some interesting debates around fraud etc, but for the Owen Hanie's and Nolan Hoffman's out there this has little impact. First prize would be for doping to be punishable by law and athletes being prosecuted like what should be the case with all drug users. On top of that slap them with fraud as well to double their sentence.

Second prize would be for the various sporting bodies to take a tougher stance on the matter. Perhaps if the law allowed for prosecution the various bodies would have more teeth.

It is short sighted to expect corporate SA to solve the problem. If the legal system and the sporting bodies did their jobs corporate SA would simply have the responsibility to report doping and then the legal system and sporting bodies would sort the dopers out.

the criminal part makes for a concern when there really is a case of substance appearing in the system in error, contamination etc. who would want to take that risk as pro.

that whole bit about a years salary as a fine could come in as a good deterrent/punishment (on top of sporting bans)