Thule Trailer?

Firemeister

Ok, so it is time consider a trailer..

I am looking at getting a trailer mainly for towing luggage etc., and stumbled across a Thule trailer.

Anybody out here that owns a Thule trailer? or knows anything about them and maybe want to share a bit?

It is double the price of any other trailer of similar size, with main difference being that it is made of alluminium and stainless steel, so no rust.

Here is a link to a photo.

http://www.snewsnet.com/cgi-bin/snews/09079.html

I doubt it will last as long as 2 galvanised trailers.

Rust has become far less of an issue than it used to be with advances in rust prevention.

Also it looks small and funny

Gypsy for caravans, Jurgens for trailers, Thule for the racks that go onto the trailers!

Its a Thule luggage box on wheels and is very limiting. You cannot fit bike racks or cross bars onto the lid. The only small possible advantage is that it seems that you can break the trailer down and that this may free up some storage space. I would not really trust a trailer that I had to put together either. I would end up with a hand full of nuts and bolts at the end

I have used one. Borrowed from a mate. Nice trailer, tough as nails. Will outlast a Venter. Not sure its worth the premium in price though.

I wanted to buy one about a year ago but I could not find a new one. A Thule salesman told me that Internationally, the Thule trailer designs were not well controlled ant that there were 100's of slightly different specs available. (As I remember this number was close to 1000)

According to him, Thule (Int) was busy consolidating the trailer designs and suspended production until a way forward was clear.

I do not know what the status is.

Look at the Town and Country 210 trailers. Huge inside with a tailgate to ease loading. Mount Thule Prorides on top of your trailer to ensure that your bikes are safe.

I.M.O the Jurgens is very well built but the wheelarches take up space.