Die Burger Cycle Tour

Cippo

Carboloaded with 32GI 3 days before the race. Had a bottle an hour before the race and one bottle for during the ride. Had two packs of 32GI chews- finished one before Swellington and the other just after the N1. Felt strong all the way home.thumbup1.gif

Must confess I had 2 backup GU's in my pocket just in case the stuff did not work, but hey that was not necessary.thumbup1.gif

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Race was really nice, improved my time of last year by almost 15 minutes. Was strong all the way, no tired legs or cramps.

Was a nice day for racing. Well Done Andre thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif Great seeing you after the race too, since our stint at K2Coast. I think everyone improved their times and PB. Rode in B and it was fiery till the end. Managed 2:32 with front bunch.

Thoroughly enjoyed it this. We ou toppies eek.gif can still sit with the young guns clap.gif

Anyone know how the 1 guy is doing who went down about 3kms after the bottom of Helshoogte, just before we took the 1st left turn??? he must have started in group L-N??? He was riding a white and blue Giant TCR 2011/2012 model, when we came past he didnt look well at all with a guy holding his head in place, arms accross his chest and eyes closed??!! There was a car that had stopped just infront of him to obviously make other racers aware and a lady who was diverting the traffic...

Any updates will be good to put ones mind at ease...

Hope he is ok and recovers soon...

I think I saw this person too. Was more or less across Boschendal, I saw the group about 100m ahead of me slow down suddenly, and there was a car standing still behind him.

When I passed, the guy was still lying in the roadway looking really bad, with a lady (looked like the driver of the car) attending to him. I thought at first he was hit by the car, but his bike looked undamaged.

Would really like to hear he's OK!

Thanks G, I'm properly stoked about it. You also did really well, all your efforts is also starting to show.

See that Tiny only just managed to beat the ladies. whistling.gif devil.gif . What a brilliant time/position, the big guy can pedal a bicycle.

After I fell off the pace at the Tonner, I changed my race nutrition.

What a difference to my racing.

Spitting blood in League all spring was another gain.

Yeah, I'm proud if my training partner, Tiny K.

He's also made some solid gains.

The Burger was well organized.

Unfortunately, riders were seeded in bunches with varying racing skill levels which might have led to a lot of risks.

Some of us on front was trying to break the huge group as alot of people were stuffing up the pace and switching. How's that laaitie from F group on the front all the time. Geez he had loads of energy. The left and tight turns into Paarl were scary so I opted for the front. Nearly went the wrong way at circle into Paarl.

Ja, that laaitie did well, although I hope that in a few years he settles in to a nice straight line; it made me nervous being too close to him at speed.

Well done E-train. 2:50.

Got a pic of a guy in green and black kit with blood running down his face. Must have been a sore one.

Yo Capcha, any teaser pics of the race to be displayed....??

I've got a top speed of 82.7 somewhere on the route.

Must still plug in my Garmin to see where.

Get onto strava!!! It's the business

Clocked a top speed of 74.4km/h down Helshoogte towards Pniel.

32Gi did its job for me too. I did not carboload at all, just had low Gi meals for a few days days before the race. Had an early morning breakfast of Yoghurt and Muesli with Future Life sachet as a drink. Made up one bottle of Endurance and one bottle of Accelerate. Drank the Endurance over the first portion, and then the Accelerate over the last portion. Had no solid food at all.

Legs was feeling strong the whole way, with no trace of cramping (something I tend to suffer with) I was feeling so strong that I was able to assist a lady (that was in our group the whole way) over the last km or two (from the left turn at the robots) to the end.

Get onto strava!!! It's the business

I'm getting on this week.

Gonna play on some Argus ascents this weekend.

Sounds like pain, uhm, fun, Meezo!

Are you guys getting paid by 32GI or something? I'm glad if it works for you, but I honestly can't believe that a supplement could be the main reason behind your success.

I'm pretty sure your training and conditioning have a hell of a lot more to do with your results than what you ate a few days before or during the event.

Are you guys getting paid by 32GI or something? I'm glad if it works for you, but I honestly can't believe that a supplement could be the main reason behind your success.

I'm pretty sure your training and conditioning have a hell of a lot more to do with your results than what you ate a few days before or during the event.

I agree Sluiper. I used 32gi previously and it worked great. Ran out and was forced to use energade. Times improving using Energade...