The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

I read his autobiography a bit earlier in the year and, for what it's worth, he does at least acknowledge that he looks terrible on a bike. He said that after his first pro bike-fit with sky (I think) his saddle felt too high so he dropped it down quite a bit, which is why his legs never come close to straightening in his pedal stroke. Nobody else rides like that but apparently it feels normal to him. Add that to the elbows sticking out all the time and stem gazing.... ya it's not exactly Cancellara.

Ha ha ha yeah he isn't exactly elegant on the bike.. It doesn't really matter cause you know he has won a few races.. But shees the amount of times he has almost collided with riders because of the stem watching.. I wonder how many people he has elbowed.. It's quite a tight fit in that peloton .. Eyes on the road Mr. [emoji1787]

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could be right, but history shows the TDF guys are usually grouped together right from the start, with a few notable exceptions like the light in the underpants Lance.

so should we write off Sepp Kuss now already since he got dropped yesterday?

The point under discussion is the spastic stupid tuck. Lance wouldn't be caught dead looking so undignified.

it is well known that Lance insisted that Johan film his training rides so that he couls perfect his on the bike posture for purposes of expressing drama

He's a worker bee innit?

Lance just didn't have the balls to pull it off!! 

You'd have thought having one less would let him get closer to the top tube?

Speaking of bravery, you need only see his stunt when Beloki binned it to realise he would and probably could do anything on a bike.

11th @1min vs 40th at 5min is a different result totally when you were hanging tough with the best in the world and you not targeting a TDF GC.

But, I get what you saying, I was hoping for alittle more from Sepp. 

11th @1min vs 40th at 5min is a different result totally when you were hanging tough with the best in the world and you not targeting a TDF GC.

But, I get what you saying, I was hoping for alittle more from Sepp. 

Chris also lost like 8min due to the echelons on stage 1?

Looks his form isn't where it needs to be and even he's admitted that. I just think February is way too early to be writing anyone with pedigree off. Word on the street is that Cricket will be licensing Miracle Spray to cycling teams soon.

Chris also lost like 8min due to the echelons on stage 1?

Looks his form isn't where it needs to be and even he's admitted that. I just think February is way too early to be writing anyone with pedigree off. Word on the street is that Cricket will be licensing Miracle Spray to cycling teams soon.

No for sure, never write anyone off, but compared to compatriots he is off and has work to do. Can he do it? Yes I am well sure he can. What that level will be? No one knows maybe top 10 maybe a 1st in July. 

I see Froomie hung on until about 3.5k to go today and came in around 1:40 down. The final climb was 21k at around 6%

I see Froomie hung on until about 3.5k to go today and came in around 1:40 down. The final climb was 21k at around 6%

He was not too bad today taking into consideration that he worked for Ben Hermans who managed a top 10. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Froomey on 30-35 hour weeks, bike fitment and the search for leg symmetry ????????