The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

Chris Froome is a phenomenal Grand Tour PRO to reach the headlines over the last few years.

In my mind, Froome Dog has to have his own thread here on the HubSA.

2013 is forecasted to be another cracker for this PRO who calls South Africa 'home'.

http://www.roadcycling.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/field/image/chris_froome_wins_3.jpg

PLACE YOUR CHIRPS, OPINIONS, VIEWS HERE.

Edited by Puncheur

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“I would like to follow a similar race program to this year, aimed at delivering me to the Tour in the best condition possible,” the Team Sky rider told VeloNation’s Xylon Van Eyck this week. “In the second half of the season I would like to get back to my best for the world championships.”

Read more: http://www.velonation.com/News/ID/13422/Two-clear-targets-for-Chris-Froome-in-2013.aspx#ixzz2Dz8umyRd

Seems Vroomey had been enjoying the game (and the climbs) at Suikerbosrand recenly, been tweeting his delight. Yearning to get out there my good self, if I see lanky flash of blue & black wiz past mw, I will know who/what it was.

Seems the issue of who will lead Tem Sky at the TDF is up in the air, guess its still a bit early but press is making a noise about it. Will The Wig be able to conquer the Giro?

Problem is all the anticipation: hope it doesn't lead to a disappointment like the Vuelta last year, but that was a big ask from him anyway.

Seem also Michael Rogers might be heading to Saxo, surely that will weaken the climbing team?

I would be very, very surprised if Wiggins does not defend his title.

This would be sad for Froome, but not unexpected.

I don't see them following the same schedule as last year either - Wiggins will be more selective in his participation this year.

Look to Froome for the Vuelta and the Giro.

Wiggins will go for the Tour, and he'll fail.

Froome could win next year, I think, with the full backing of Team Sky. If he and Wiggins are in the same race, he will not - this year, next year, or the year after that.

The only way for him to assume the mantle of protected rider in the Tour, would be for Wiggins to crash and/or implode dramatically.

If he were free to fly and in good condition (such as at the 2012 Tour), Froome could put 3 or 4 minutes into Wiggins in the High mountains in one day. In that case, Wiggins would need 200km of time trials to balance out his inadequacies when the gradient truly turns upward.

I hope, against all hope, that Froome will get his chance in 2013. He is a genuine contender.

Mr Chris Froome was at our dealership last week, Jag SA Logo'd a vehicle for him to use for his SA stay! Great guy, very pleasant and easy to chat too!

Sky's strategy is to dominate cycling.

So, a 'horses for courses' approach will be one sure way to achieve that.

Wiggo prefers the Giro.

Froome Dog is superb in the high mountains.

"I do not assume that Bradley will help me in the Tour," said Froome toSporza. "It is not yet decided whether he will defend his title in France. He may aim at the Giro. If the goal of the team is for me to go for yellow, then I can count on the help of Bradley. I would like to get the green light to go for victory in the Tour. Even if I fail, and finish only fifth or sixth, I'll be happy as long as I am able give everything."

From cyclingnews

Seems Vroomey had been enjoying the game (and the climbs) at Suikerbosrand recenly, been tweeting his delight. Yearning to get out there my good self, if I see lanky flash of blue & black wiz past mw, I will know who/what it was.

Seems the issue of who will lead Tem Sky at the TDF is up in the air, guess its still a bit early but press is making a noise about it. Will The Wig be able to conquer the Giro?

Problem is all the anticipation: hope it doesn't lead to a disappointment like the Vuelta last year, but that was a big ask from him anyway.

Seem also Michael Rogers might be heading to Saxo, surely that will weaken the climbing team?

Michael Rogers had some engagement with Dr Ferrari.

He's the only one rider that carries a cloud of doubt there. And Sky has that strict new policy.

Froome Dog made a clear personal statement about TdF2013.

Over to management, I guess.

"I've brought everything up with the team and I would like the Tour to be my main goal for 2013," added Froome. "It's a route that I can believe is suitable to me. The focus is less on time trials which still remain important but the stages in the mountains are harder than the this year. I now want to prepare for the Tour, start in perfect condition and then go for yellow. It is however, a balanced circuit and one that will be difficult to win."

So what does he do whilst here? Lot's of campsbay coffee rides, real pre season build stuff or lay off the bike?

So what does he do whilst here? Lot's of campsbay coffee rides, real pre season build stuff or lay off the bike?

I've read he bought a home in Jozi lately.

So, training and chilling at altitude, I guess.

Nah he's a proud Joburg boy, his family is here as far as I know. Joburg empties out over December, its bliss. Also altitude training.

So Punch, you reckon Roger didn't walk, he was pushed? its going to be something else to see Vroomey up against El Berto when they both on form. And now former Sky mountains helper is riding for the enemy due to zero tolerance (and some might point self-defeating) policies? Roger was big help in the Tour this year.

Support for Froome Dog us gonna be key indeed.

Saxo also signed Roche as a servant to Berto.

*Saxo will prob be a wild card entry.

So Punch, you reckon Roger didn't walk, he was pushed? its going to be something else to see Vroomey up against El Berto when they both on form. And now former Sky mountains helper is riding for the enemy due to zero tolerance (and some might point self-defeating) policies? Roger was big help in the Tour this year.

Yeah, it's not official yet.

Rogers was a valuable domestique.

Gonna be interesting.