The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

1 minute ago, J Wakefield said:

He was dropped; he didn’t miss a split unfortunately 

Yeah i saw it happen and was watching froomie for awhile before that as he was drifting and hanging on the back.

Did not mean to imply he missed a split (actually i said "not just froomie got "dropped") but rather that there were quite a few time splits, meaning gaps  

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

Those odd are quite short, I will only be placing my bet when he drifts further after the Dauphine - I want to be wrong so I'll make the call now and then have to eat my words.  IF he finishes the tour, he won't make the top 10  - I'd be surprised if he makes the top 20

I think best case scenario he wins a stage but on the evidence this doesn't seem likely

I love a comeback and I'm all for the old guys (Valdemort excepted)

I've just watched the 2nd stage, he got dropped proper whilst the others were riding tempo on a moderate climb.  Sad to say I have to agree that a top 20 will be hard to wish for.

BTW, Maincheese, what races is he using to prep for the Tour, if he's part of the IWG plan?

Watching Froome struggling as he still rehabilitates and watching the level of racing now. Fork-it.  He has clearly gone backwards and it seems the racing has gone forwards.

His life after sport is shaping up already as he is an investor and stakeholder in the American company Hammerhead.

4 hours ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

we'd all love that - and getting back on the bike is in itself a comeback

I do however think that to Chris a comeback does begin and end with a Tour victory - he's a champion and that's how he has to think.

It's that champion mentality that separates him from me. That's gotta be the only reason I'm not up there at his level. 

Froome just left the gate, and we will see how he compares to the other better TT riders vying for the GC.

34 minutes ago, Christie said:

Froome 93d @-2:12

It is not just a problem of a few extra kg. Power must be below par as well. I dont think ISN should take him to the TDF. He wont be contesting GC or stages.

(Louis 55th @-1:22)

And the thing is : Louis was never at the pointy end of the TTs, he fought hard to just not lose too much. (Still amazing that he did top 10 twice at TDF)

Whereas Froome was right up there contesting for the top TT position. 

I'd say take him for the press and then make him a workhorse for the chosen leader. 

Woods should be a shoe-in for leader. 

I see Tom Pidcock also had a bad crash while training on his time trial bike. The frame snapped into 2 while he also broke his collarbone. As a result he is out of the Tour de Suisse. At least he was luckier than poor Froome. 

1 hour ago, dsw said:

I see Tom Pidcock also had a bad crash while training on his time trial bike. The frame snapped into 2 while he also broke his collarbone. As a result he is out of the Tour de Suisse. At least he was luckier than poor Froome. 

5572A4F5-4241-48E4-9A96-6D5AFE315C38.png

13 hours ago, Christie said:

Froome 93d @-2:12

It is not just a problem of a few extra kg. Power must be below par as well. I dont think ISN should take him to the TDF. He wont be contesting GC or stages.

(Louis 55th @-1:22)

Yeah, my initial reference to Froomey's weight was after watching his video where he emphasises getting to race weight for the Tour de France. It led to a variety of responses on his ability to keep up with other rivals. No doubt, Christie, his level is that of a domestique at the very least. He attitude is exemplary but it does seem that his heart wants it but his body can't regain any semblance of racing form as GC contender. ISN will be kopkrapping with their roster for Le Tour.

Unless he's pulling off the biggest fake in the industry then I don't think he's at the level of a top domestique at the moment so why even take him to the Tour?

What is puzzling for me is they will have seen & studied all his power stats and performances in Tenerife and they'll know exactly where he is in terms of preparation and in comparison to the other guys on the camp and they have persisted with getting him ready for the Tour.

IMHO.... They're either hiding it because it's bad or they're hiding it because they're planning something big and they're hoping to catch the other teams off guard.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Is that a Chinerello, from a shop near Cedar Drive?

Jokes aside, never nice to see a broken bike and wheel.

Jeez remember that thread!  Was really interesting to follow.