The Froome Dawg Thread

'Dale

34 minutes ago, Christie said:

Froome 93d @-2:12

It is not just a problem of a few extra kg. Power must be below par as well. I dont think ISN should take him to the TDF. He wont be contesting GC or stages.

(Louis 55th @-1:22)

And the thing is : Louis was never at the pointy end of the TTs, he fought hard to just not lose too much. (Still amazing that he did top 10 twice at TDF)

Whereas Froome was right up there contesting for the top TT position. 

I'd say take him for the press and then make him a workhorse for the chosen leader. 

Woods should be a shoe-in for leader. 

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Tom Pidcock also had a bad crash while training on his time trial bike. The frame snapped into 2 while he also broke his collarbone. As a result he is out of the Tour de Suisse. At least he was luckier than poor Froome. 

1 hour ago, dsw said:

I see Tom Pidcock also had a bad crash while training on his time trial bike. The frame snapped into 2 while he also broke his collarbone. As a result he is out of the Tour de Suisse. At least he was luckier than poor Froome. 

5572A4F5-4241-48E4-9A96-6D5AFE315C38.png

13 hours ago, Christie said:

Froome 93d @-2:12

It is not just a problem of a few extra kg. Power must be below par as well. I dont think ISN should take him to the TDF. He wont be contesting GC or stages.

(Louis 55th @-1:22)

Yeah, my initial reference to Froomey's weight was after watching his video where he emphasises getting to race weight for the Tour de France. It led to a variety of responses on his ability to keep up with other rivals. No doubt, Christie, his level is that of a domestique at the very least. He attitude is exemplary but it does seem that his heart wants it but his body can't regain any semblance of racing form as GC contender. ISN will be kopkrapping with their roster for Le Tour.

Unless he's pulling off the biggest fake in the industry then I don't think he's at the level of a top domestique at the moment so why even take him to the Tour?

What is puzzling for me is they will have seen & studied all his power stats and performances in Tenerife and they'll know exactly where he is in terms of preparation and in comparison to the other guys on the camp and they have persisted with getting him ready for the Tour.

IMHO.... They're either hiding it because it's bad or they're hiding it because they're planning something big and they're hoping to catch the other teams off guard.

1 hour ago, Frosty said:

Is that a Chinerello, from a shop near Cedar Drive?

Jokes aside, never nice to see a broken bike and wheel.

Jeez remember that thread!  Was really interesting to follow.

On 6/1/2021 at 4:49 PM, 'Dale said:

Watching Froome struggling as he still rehabilitates and watching the level of racing now. Fork-it.  He has clearly gone backwards and it seems the racing has gone forwards.

His life after sport is shaping up already as he is an investor and stakeholder in the American company Hammerhead.

I watch a lot of Lance/George You Tube videos (I know, shock horror cheaters!!)..... But anyway, both of them often say, no way they would like to be racing these guys today, the level is through the roof. The tip of the spear is now very sharp!

I hope Froomie makes it back, it would be one of the greatest comebacks in cycling history :ph34r: 

I am still rooting for him, I just think he needs to commit to a longer build. Or perhaps if he is using these races as part of that build, not drop hints that he is close to racing form. If he gets thrashed by Louis in a TT, he is far from racing form

I don't think he is faking bad performance, 2 mins down on the ITT yesterday!  My heart goes out to him for trying, but it doesn't look like its going to be happening *sniff*  Hope I am wrong.

31 minutes ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Unless he's pulling off the biggest fake in the industry then I don't think he's at the level of a top domestique at the moment so why even take him to the Tour?

What is puzzling for me is they will have seen & studied all his power stats and performances in Tenerife and they'll know exactly where he is in terms of preparation and in comparison to the other guys on the camp and they have persisted with getting him ready for the Tour.

IMHO.... They're either hiding it because it's bad or they're hiding it because they're planning something big and they're hoping to catch the other teams off guard.

It's an absolute mystery to me. 

He is clearly not in form

I'm hoping Froomie is feeling the effects of his last Tenerife training camp, all those steep hills (  Chris Froome trains up 'steepest climb in the world' as he feels 'closer to where he needs to be' before Tour de France | Cycling Weekly  ) and high altitude coupled with a lack of form and then his TT yesterday does not look to bad ???? it was a bastard of a course and quite a few riders lost more time than would be expected on a 16km TT.

With the TDF having 2 ITT (58 km of TT) its yet again another not so good a sign for Spiderman.

That being said, there were also some exceptional performances, notably Lukas Pöstelberger who TT'd like a real pro... don't think he got out of the TT position very much, a good example of TT skills, and then Izagirre as well 

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

Training fit and racing fit are not exactly the same animal.

1 hour ago, BuffsVintageBikes said:

On current evidence he'd be lucky to be a domestique for a continental team.  On will and determination he's a TDF contender but you cannot will a win if your physical output won't match

So either he's convinced them he'll come good and they are gambling because they are heavily invested in him or they are gambling because he's sandbagging and they are trying to get good odds

I don't think he's going to the tour, it would be undignified to be riding with the sprinters

4 minutes ago, Wayne pudding Mol said:

On current evidence he'd be lucky to be a domestique for a continental team.  On will and determination he's a TDF contender but you cannot will a win if your physical output won't match

So either he's convinced them he'll come good and they are gambling because they are heavily invested in him or they are gambling because he's sandbagging and they are trying to get good odds

I don't think he's going to the tour, it would be undignified to be riding with the sprinters

Pffftttt! I bet the tue for his asthma meds is already in the works for July.

Edited by TNT1