MTB Group Ride - Sun 9 Dec?

Agteros

Midweek..... then the coutndown to Sunday. Anyone doing the final ASG night race on Thursday ? i heard the shebeen is fully stocked - luckily nobody I know is riding for time! I might just go straight to the shebeen. On my bike of course.

Thursday evening is Jozi Hustle :)

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thursday evening is Jozi Hustle http://1.1.1.4/bmi/cdn.bikehub.co.za/forum//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png

I bet you 'Jozi hustle' doesn't have a free well stocked shebeen? whistling.gif w00t.gif just kidding! Enjoy! Got to try loosen the still stiff legs.

um... Lone One is another hubber whistling.gif ...... he is a tentative on the list. Sent him directions etc.

Please send me directions/GPS coordinates.

Please send me directions/GPS coordinates.

Here they are:

Anybody doing a long-ish ride on Sunday? I'm not keen to do laps around NF for 4 hrs. Maybe Breedts (and over)? Otherwise I'll have to revert to the black stuff agan

Ride Details:

Base2Breedts (http://bit.ly/Base2Breedts) to top of Breedts and back

Distance: ~57km

Date: Sunday, 9 December 2012

Meeting: 06:00am?

Riding: ??:??am?

Going:

1. robox

2. Nancy Drew (depends, she is a soccer mommy after all)

3. MONS

4. Jigghead (Do you REALLY want to meet hubbers?)

5. hayleyearth (in all along)

6. Karma (counted in)

7. Wayne68 (was +we)

8. BrettMTB (A tentative yes)

9. Lone One whistling.gif

The dogs got to S.I.R Maxxis sad.png

Directions (From B2B FB page):

From Joburg South take the N1 North and exit at the 14th Avenue offramp, turn left at the offramp and at the 2nd set of traffic lights turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter.

From Joburg North take the N1 South and exit at the 14th Avenue offramp, turn right at the offramp and at the 3rd set of traffic lights turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter.

From Pretoria take the R28/N14 towards Krugersdorp. At the traffic lights just before Krugersdorp hill, turn right onto the N14 towards Ventersdorp

Now we should all be on the same road:

Continue on this road until T-Junction @ R563; turn right towards Hekpoort.

Keep right at the Ventersdorp split and continue for +-20kms.

Next T-Junction turn right towards Hartebeespoort (R560/R563) (27d 36' 39" E, 25d 53'13"S) (This is where you would normally turn left to go to the petrol station). Keep on this road for +-2kms until you see a Hartebeesfontein sign turn left onto the dirt road (27d 37' 17" E, 25d 52' 51"S)

Carry on for a further +-100m turn right into the first road - the sign says Bultfontein (27d 37' 13" E, 25d 52' 40" S) and carry on for a further +-500/600m.

The entrance is on the RHS (look out for the blue HP6 sign) (27d 37' 26" E, 25d 52' 13").

Your ride only starts at 2pm........so you can do Breedts in the morning, start at 6, back home by 12, rest for an hour, back to Braamfontein at 1, ready for 2 O' Clock start. Easy...whistling.gif whistling.gifeek.gif

On a serious note....you need to let us origional Slow and Unfit riders know of these things and I am sure we can get a group together to support these causes.....especially at this time of the year. thumbup1.gif

Your ride only starts at 2pm........so you can do Breedts in the morning, start at 6, back home by 12, rest for an hour, back to Braamfontein at 1, ready for 2 O' Clock start. Easy...whistling.gif whistling.gifeek.gif

No

When he says "Dogs" he means me. biggrin.png

Dude have you collected your toy bag from Dunkeld yet?

Not yet. Will sort that out during the week.

Could I please join? Need to get back on the bike.

You're welcome!

See you there

Anybody doing a long-ish ride on Sunday? I'm not keen to do laps around NF for 4 hrs. Maybe Breedts (and over)? Otherwise I'll have to revert to the black stuff agan

Ride Details:

Base2Breedts (http://bit.ly/Base2Breedts) to top of Breedts and back

Distance: ~57km

Date: Sunday, 9 December 2012

Meeting: 06:00am?

Riding: ??:??am?

Going:

1. robox

2. Nancy Drew (depends, she is a soccer mommy after all)

3. MONS

4. Jigghead (Do you REALLY want to meet hubbers?)

5. hayleyearth (in all along)

6. Karma (counted in)

7. Wayne68 (was +we)

8. BrettMTB (A tentative yes)

9. Lone One whistling.gif

10. Myra

S.I.R Maxxis opted out. He is going with(to?) the dogs now

Directions (From B2B FB page):

From Joburg South take the N1 North and exit at the 14th Avenue offramp, turn left at the offramp and at the 2nd set of traffic lights turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter.

From Joburg North take the N1 South and exit at the 14th Avenue offramp, turn right at the offramp and at the 3rd set of traffic lights turn right onto Hendrik Potgieter.

From Pretoria take the R28/N14 towards Krugersdorp. At the traffic lights just before Krugersdorp hill, turn right onto the N14 towards Ventersdorp

Now we should all be on the same road:

Continue on this road until T-Junction @ R563; turn right towards Hekpoort.

Keep right at the Ventersdorp split and continue for +-20kms.

Next T-Junction turn right towards Hartebeespoort (R560/R563) (27d 36' 39" E, 25d 53'13"S) (This is where you would normally turn left to go to the petrol station). Keep on this road for +-2kms until you see a Hartebeesfontein sign turn left onto the dirt road (27d 37' 17" E, 25d 52' 51"S)

Carry on for a further +-100m turn right into the first road - the sign says Bultfontein (27d 37' 13" E, 25d 52' 40" S) and carry on for a further +-500/600m.

The entrance is on the RHS (look out for the blue HP6 sign) (27d 37' 26" E, 25d 52' 13").

You're welcome!

See you there

The group is growing... hopefully someone has extra water..... I ALWAYS run out! :( Will trade for drugs!

The group is growing... hopefully someone has extra water..... I ALWAYS run out! sad.png Will trade for drugs!

There is water at the top at the fountain..