MTB Group Ride - Sun 9 Dec?

Agteros

Uggghhh. cursing.gif I cannot make this week-end or the 17th. But defnitley next time as I have not been to VG yet and would really like some company to show me the routes.... blush.png

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great ride yesterday and good to meet some more fellow Hubers....thumbup1.gif

Thanks Mons for all the encouragement up that little slope and then all the way back to Base. clap.gif clap.gif

LITTLE slope?eek.gif

Jeezzz....was I that far behind that I missed the photo? Does this mean I have to go back and get my own pic taken....???whistling.gif eek.gif

You gonna have to go back.... sorry man! should have taken more!

So is there going to be another ride on the 17th by any chance? (maybe a vehicle for a few beers on the top?) whistling.gif Or a SLOW Van Gaalen ride to the brerwery and back ?

yeah, thanks all, thoroughly enjoyed it!

An alternative: same ride as Sunday, but SLOW DOWN @ THE BREWERY! just saying.

I've been scouting google earth, and it looks like there's a route back via Buffelspoort damn, just not sure of terrain, but would keen to see if that route as an option if anyone else is keen to?

mons: 16th? 17th is a Monday, I'll be working

Good meeting everyone. thumbup1.gif

agreed. Nice to meet hayleyearth for the first time. whistling.gif

Here's the gist of that other route...

post-16445-0-11267400-1355126340_thumb.jpg

yeah, thanks all, thoroughly enjoyed it!

An alternative: same ride as Sunday, but SLOW DOWN @ THE BREWERY! just saying.

I've been scouting google earth, and it looks like there's a route back via Buffelspoort damn, just not sure of terrain, but would keen to see if that route as an option if anyone else is keen to?

mons: 16th? 17th is a Monday, I'll be working

I am keen! One thing.. are you SURE you are working? Monday is a public holiday! :) I can do Sunday to so either way it does not matter. PM me and we can make arrangements!! Cool! I am sure I can force a beer down @ the brewery...... ;) Edited by MONS

I am keen! One thing.. are you SURE you are working? Monday is a public holiday! smile.png I can do Sunday to so either way it does not matter. PM me and we can make arrangements!! Cool!

*doh* didn't realise. I'll let you know :D

Nothing on the free, internet view of the Tracks4Africa map ... Only things like "entrance to resort" and "picnic spot" in that general area...

http://tracks4africa...28&layers=B00FT

I don't think they realized what mtb'ers can do from that picnic spot, heading south down the sheer cliff face. awesome site, I was not aware of it. *added to bookmarks*

When looking at T4A with Satellite view, there definitely seems to be a road connecting that hiking route (Castle George Hiking Trail) to the Randwater resevoir (image below).

post-16445-0-86853600-1355133417_thumb.jpg

System shocks are a good thing devil.gif

I see a pattern of you taking my water, does it taste better than yours? It wasn't left overs. You took from the top of a full bottle smile.png I was sucking my CamelBak dry (not really...)

Ok, ok...... so I took your water from a full bottle (clearly you weren't thirsty and didn't need it). Looking back, I don't even think I asked. How rude ohmy.png smile.png blush.png

I don't think they realized what mtb'ers can do from that picnic spot, heading south down the sheer cliff face. awesome site, I was not aware of it. *added to bookmarks*

When looking at T4A with Satellite view, there definitely seems to be a road connecting that hiking route (Castle George Hiking Trail) to the Randwater resevoir (image below).Recon mission?

post-16445-0-86853600-1355133417_thumb.jpg

Ok, ok...... so I took your water from a full bottle (clearly you weren't thirsty and didn't need it). Looking back, I don't even think I asked. How rude ohmy.png smile.png blush.png

You must have done something for me to hand it to you... I do not recall any guns / knives being drawn ..... whistling.gif