4X4's at Northern Farm

markStockton

While riding on a narrow twisty bit of jeep track at the Lanseria side of NF yesterday, my son and I came across a small convoy of 4X4's coming down the track in the opposite direction. The track was so narrow we had to stop and wait for them to pass before we could carry on.

My question is since when are 4X4's allowed at NF, and if they arn't, what is the appropriate way to report the problem. These guy's weren't bird watching, so they can't use that excuse.  

always seen 4X4s there, never had a problem with them. their drivers are mostly courteous.  holy roller2008-01-28 00:04:20

Contact Debbie on 082 533 4545 for enquiries.

Like HR I've never had a problem there and have generally experianced only coureous behaviour from any 4x4 drivers.

Bear in mind many birders drive to different parts of the farm, often three or four up.

Were they being reckless? How does one know if they weren't there for bird watching? What constitutes a convoy?

They weren't being reckless, although it was a very tight and slow section of the course so I can't tell you what they would do in the faster area's. No binoculars, when you pass birdwatchers you always notice the binoculars. I think it was 3 vehicles in the convoy.

Holy Roller, you are correct. The normal bird watchers in 4X4's are excellent, they make an effort not to impact on your, often pulling way out the way and stopping to let bikes through. However there was definitely something different about this group.

BTW - Further along the same stretch we cam across a huge water monitor crossing the road. Very cool to see.

BTW - Further along the same stretch we cam across a huge water monitor crossing the road. Very cool to see.

i saw that dude one day when i was riding with michh and her dad! he startled us! but very cool to see. 

Sorry, A little off topic, Geez it was muddy at Northerns on Saturday morning..... As my cousin said, we had a good "Mud off" LOL. How was the mud on Sunday ?

Sorry' date=' A little off topic, Geez it was muddy at Northerns on Saturday morning..... As my cousin said, we had a good "Mud off" LOL. How was the mud on Sunday ?

[/quote']

It was still very, very muddy. In fact I don't think my kit will ever be the same again.... It was wonderful. Big%20smile Big%20smile Big%20smile

In fact I don't think mommy let me play enough in the mud as a kid.

Big%20smile

mark, you gotta ride groenkloof in the mud after heavy rains. now that's muddy!

ps does your mommy still wash your kit?  

mark' date=' you gotta ride groenkloof in the mud after heavy rains. now that's muddy!

ps does your mommy still wash your kit?  

[/quote']

I'm keen, sounds like fun.

I think I'd get disowned if I tried to get her to wash my MTB kit. ;)

haha!

i posted earlier elsewhere on the hub that we went there this weekend and had a ball! must tell you: after we showered there i filled a tog bag with their muddy kit to take home to their mom (my ex-wife). i left mine in there tooEvil%20SmileLOL  

Damit man' date=' shall ride with you next time and dump my kit with yours.... Evil%20Smile

Clown
[/quote']

she's blonde, and you know what they say about blondes and washing machines?WinkLOL