Two Cyclists Down in the Cradle

-Az-

Ali from CycleLab has confirmed that two riders were hit by a drunk driver this morning in the Cradle cursing.gif

One has a broken pelvis and the other sustained a broken neck.

Wishing the guys a speedy recovery and lots of strength to them & their loved ones.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Andrew used the word "fatally injured" in his tweet?

That's horrific to hear. I only have the info I was given by the TB board.

@AndrewMclean: Early morning spin round the Cradle was ruined when we came across 2 fatally injured cyclists hit by a vry drunk ... http://t.co/vlHBGLJV

Safe riding guys... Please dont asume that drivers know where you are...

I hate this... 2 guys woke up... Just like me this morning, wanting to cycle... We really need to change the mindset of people who drive drunk...

If you are gonna drink... Call a taxi... Simple!

I was going to ride there today...

So Mon-Fri my cycling is restricted to an IDT. Sat and Sun 5am I hit cradle and do a few loops. So what we are saying now is that you are not even safe out at the cradle cursing.gif I cannot frikken believe it. I thought the worst that would happen is the white tiger would jump the fence or a local farmer brown would get upset for some odd reason. Now we gotta watch for drunk drivers in the yellow lane thumbdown.gif

many years ago I was cruising up krugersdorp hill in the yellow lane on a friday afternoon with another cyclist I did not know. some arsehole hit the dude behind me and killed him. the driver claimed the cyclist swerved in the middle of the road which was total bull***t.

Edited by Seeker911

I hope the driver gets charged with manslaughter and does time. And I sincerely hope that he gets to share a cell with bubba.

So tired of having to live our lives with such selfish idiots. Society will be better off without this idiot.

I had a close call with a dronkie a while back. He lost control while looking for his lighter. Just missed us.. I am so finished with road cycling. I hope the riders make a full recovery. I hope the drunk driver rots in jail .

I hope the driver gets charged with manslaughter and does time. And I sincerely hope that he gets to share a cell with bubba.

So tired of having to live our lives with such selfish idiots. Society will be better off without this idiot.

If he was over the limit and the cyclist/s die he could possibly be charged with murder.