Criminals going to a new low

Swift01

So it seems you now have to be careful in Haarties town when riding. My 13yr old niece was bike jacked while riding with her mum on Friday afternoon. Guy chased her with an axe, (she was just behind her mum) and she got scared, jumped off her bike and ran. They grabbed the bike and ran into the bushes. Thank god they were both ok.

Massive big up to Trinity cycles in Haarties, whom my sister phoned straight away (husband was at Lansaria at work and only had his bike to get home with, lucky we were driving out there and picked him up along the way).

Trinity Cycles not only went straight after these guys within minutes, they arranged nearly all the security patrol guys and the police. Massive search party. Sadly these guys managed to get into the dam and in the reeds where they made an escape.

So be careful even when riding in town in the Haarites area. Stick with the bunches. Scary part is loads of people ride and run along that rd.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cowards...at least they are ok gords. Maybe post a pic of the bike here, sure the ubbers will keep a lookout

Scum. I wonder when this type of crime will reach Bloem. My training partner is in the USA at the moment so I am doing night rides alone also during the day. I have no fear of bikejackings or anything.

The sad part is that it is just a question of time before they hit us here as well.

Suppose it is part and parcel of living in the RSA

Where in South Africa is Haarties? I suspect you mean Hartbeespoort Dam area. That area has Kosmos, Schoemansville, Melodie, Ifafi, Meerhof etc. please be more specific, if it is where I describe above. Important to know where the specifics of the dangerous areas are.

Edited by eccentric1

Where in South Africa is Haarties? I suspect you mean Hartbeespoort Dam area. That area has Kosmos, Schoemansville, Melodie, Ifafi, Meerhof etc. please be more specific, if it is where I describe above. Important to know where the specifics of the dangerous areas are.

It happened on the road between Melodie and Schoemansville. Up at the northern end of Schubert Street.

It happened on the road between Melodie and Schoemansville. Up at the northern end of Schubert Street.

Have you got a photo of the bike?

So it seems you now have to be careful in Haarties town when riding. My 13yr old niece was bike jacked while riding with her mum on Friday afternoon. Guy chased her with an axe, (she was just behind her mum) and she got scared, jumped off her bike and ran. They grabbed the bike and ran into the bushes. Thank god they were both ok.

Massive big up to Trinity cycles in Haarties, whom my sister phoned straight away (husband was at Lansaria at work and only had his bike to get home with, lucky we were driving out there and picked him up along the way).

Trinity Cycles not only went straight after these guys within minutes, they arranged nearly all the security patrol guys and the police. Massive search party. Sadly these guys managed to get into the dam and in the reeds where they made an escape.

So be careful even when riding in town in the Haarites area. Stick with the bunches. Scary part is loads of people ride and run along that rd.

Its disgraceful and a sign of the levels we have sunk to as a nation.

I can never condone crime, and especially crime aimed at children, however we really need to move away from this attitude of "Thank Goodness they are okay" or "Oh, its only petty crime, at least they didnt stab me" - in my opinion crime is crime, but to me it appears as if we have as a nation become so accustomed to crime, that we heave a collective sigh of relief when its perpetrated against us and we are still alive afterwards.

I dont understand it, anywhere else in the western world people would be absolutely Outraged they stole a bicycle, or broke into their locked house, or threatened them with a weapon, it would make front page news, and the police would be searching the area with dogs and police lines for clues, - here you are lucky if they even take a look................

- "Are you all okay?" " - "Yes" - "Oh Okay",... "do you need a case number for insurance?" .............and generally thats the end of it as far as they are concerned..........and sadly we have no option but to accept it.

Please dont think I am aiming the post at you mate, thats not my intention, I understand exactly where you are coming from and how you feel, its an outrageous situation and completely unacceptable in a civilized society - I just think its such a sad state when, unless someone is killed or brutally injured, no-one in any position of power to do something about it - cares.!

........But, maybe I am just having a bad Monday it happens with us old blokes, we have our good days and bad days, maybe I just didnt sleep well, ........I'll see how I feel tomorrow. blush.png

Its disgraceful and a sign of the levels we have sunk to as a nation.

I can never condone crime, and especially crime aimed at children, however we really need to move away from this attitude of "Thank Goodness they are okay" or "Oh, its only petty crime, at least they didnt stab me" - in my opinion crime is crime, but to me it appears as if we have as a nation become so accustomed to crime, that we heave a collective sigh of relief when its perpetrated against us and we are still alive afterwards.

I dont understand it, anywhere else in the western world people would be absolutely Outraged they stole a bicycle, or broke into their locked house, or threatened them with a weapon, it would make front page news, and the police would be searching the area with dogs and police lines for clues, - here you are lucky if they even take a look................

- "Are you all okay?" " - "Yes" - "Oh Okay",... "do you need a case number for insurance?" .............and generally thats the end of it as far as they are concerned..........and sadly we have no option but to accept it.

Please dont think I am aiming the post at you mate, thats not my intention, I understand exactly where you are coming from and how you feel, its an outrageous situation and completely unacceptable in a civilized society - I just think its such a sad state when, unless someone is killed or brutally injured, no-one in any position of power to do something about it - cares.!

........But, maybe I am just having a bad Monday it happens with us old blokes, we have our good days and bad days, maybe I just didnt sleep well, ........I'll see how I feel tomorrow. blush.png

I agree 100%!!

We have become so used to it that our first response is always, "Thank goodness no one was hurt"

Good one gords...sure the guys will keep a lookout. She is talented young rider that comes from a "bike crazy" family. Also glad to hear she went for another ride yesterday, its quite a thing for a little girl to go through. Don't mind guys trying to derail the thread...her life and wellbeing is more important than their views on our country.

I passed them on my way home, I saw them standing there and the Girl looked quite shocked. I first thaught a car almost hit them. To think I cross that piece every day.mellow.png I see the 2 riding around town regulary. The Guys at Trinity are truly great, thanks to them for helping so quickly.