WTF!! ARE THEY CRAZY??

Wannabe

After my Adidas Evil Eye Pro sunglasses got bumped out of my hand and promptly stepped on (by the same guy cursing.gif cursing.gif ) at the end of the Burger race, the right hand side "arm" (hinge) got broken off. I decided to first try and get a replacement arm for the sunnies, after all, how much could it cost? I figured in the region of R250.00 to R300.00. Almost fell on my back when I got the quote of just on R900.00 for the one arm. R900.00 for one arm, are they crazy!!?? The thing is made of plastic, and only the small hinge that connects the arm to the glasses got broken. CAN IT REALLY BE R900.00??

New glasses vary in price from R2600.00 to R3100.00 for the same model I've got.

Anybody out there that has a set of Silver Evil Eye Pro's they are not using anymore and want to donate the right hand arm to me?? whistling.gif ph34r.png

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a lot - when i bought mine i was told you can get replacement frames for about R500

After my Adidas Evil Eye Pro sunglasses got bumped out of my hand and promptly stepped on (by the same guy cursing.gif cursing.gif ) at the end of the Burger race, the right hand side "arm" (hinge) got broken off. I decided to first try and get a replacement arm for the sunnies, after all, how much could it cost? I figured in the region of R250.00 to R300.00. Almost fell on my back when I got the quote of just on R900.00 for the one arm. R900.00 for one arm, are they crazy!!?? The thing is made of plastic, and only the small hinge that connects the arm to the glasses got broken. CAN IT REALLY BE R900.00??

New glasses vary in price from R2600.00 to R3100.00 for the same model I've got.

Anybody out there that has a set of Silver Evil Eye Pro's they are not using anymore and want to donate the right hand arm to me?? whistling.gif ph34r.png

Why not grab yourself one of the 10 Rudi's up for 600 Rondelas today from ASG?

They get to that price based on what they can score compared to what it will cost to replace the sunglasses all together. It's like a one way ticket that cost 3/4 of the price of a return ticket.

Why not grab yourself one of the 10 Rudi's up for 600 Rondelas today from ASG?

I wear the optical inserts, only work with Evil Eyes. If I change brand, means I have the extra expense of new opticals.

why not get the guy that bumped and stepped on it to pay for the repair's. G

I wanted to accost him, but then images of the West Coast Express fracas played before my eyes (know myself, it was going to end there, so I decided to rather let it go, besides the guy who bumped me was not even aware he did)

You really need to stop posting, that avatar of yours is driving me nuts

AGREEDthumbup1.gif

It's either that, or you upload the full version of the pic / vid and not just a shortph34r.png

I wear the optical inserts, only work with Evil Eyes. If I change brand, means I have the extra expense of new opticals.

I wanted to accost him, but then images of the West Coast Express fracas played before my eyes (know myself, it was going to end there, so I decided to rather let it go, besides the guy who bumped me was not even aware he did)

Medical Aid or Insurance?

Medical Aid or Insurance?

Do not want to claim from Insurance and loose No Claim Bonus.blush.png

Will have to be patient and trawl the web, might find it cheaper somewhere else.

Guest Just plain Crazy

AGREEDthumbup1.gif

It's either that, or you upload the full version of the pic / vid and not just a shortph34r.png

Check out the "I Hate it when..." thread.. Page 18 Edited by Just plain Crazy

On my Adidas glasses you can replace just the hinge (clear plastic piece), cost less than R200 for a pair of hinges. Not sure if yours are the same?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-ADIDAS-EVIL-EYE-SPARE-HINGE-REPLACMENT-PART-AC-167-5648-FREE-SHIPPING-/00/s/MTA3MFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqV,!rkE88hC+yYDBPYedWi1)w~~60_35.JPG

On my Adidas glasses you can replace just the hinge (clear plastic piece), cost less than R200 for a pair of hinges. Not sure if yours are the same?

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/NEW-ADIDAS-EVIL-EYE-SPARE-HINGE-REPLACMENT-PART-AC-167-5648-FREE-SHIPPING-/00/s/MTA3MFgxNjAw/$(KGrHqV,!rkE88hC+yYDBPYedWi1)w~~60_35.JPG

Almost a giveaway at that price! Should buy a few spares just in case... eek.gif