Garmin and Vitality points

mtbDobby

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic! Would have been nice of Vitality to let me know. Just bought three new Polars for the family to use.....

I've bought 2 x Edge 500's from CRC, works no problem.

G

if i buy a Garmin E800 in Europe, will it work here or do I need to buy maps for it..? anyone know

if i buy a Garmin E800 in Europe, will it work here or do I need to buy maps for it..? anyone know

The maps are the least of the functions of the 800. Remember it does not do voice guidance! It can do guidance but only with the line on the map and beeps when turns etc come up. Guidance eats battery as if there is no tomorrow!

You can purchase local maps, or alternatively download free maps from openmtbmap.org or for road: www.velomap.org.

Aside: I bought my Edge from CRC a few years ago, and I'm running local maps on it (SD card)

Fantastic! Would have been nice of Vitality to let me know. Just bought three new Polars for the family to use.....

Don't stress, Polar are on board as well thumbup1.gif You earn 150 to 200 points for each workout, depending on your heart rate for the session.

Login to discovery.co.za, hover over the 'Vitality' tab and then select "Gym and Fitness" from the "Improve your health" section (see below). This will tell you how to earn your points from your Polar sessions.

post-22004-0-24736900-1355339604_thumb.jpg

Edited by tombeej

hmm, wonder how far in the past you can go and upload rides for.

will have to have a look

G

I've got activities dating back to June on there. However I doubt they'll be giving out points for old activities - or for any activity this year?

I've uploaded all my Garmin sessions to Vitality and got my points. When you first do it, it takes all your sessions that are saved on your unit, which is awesome.

To do it, you need to go to the LivingVitality website and register. It's very easy - you just use your regular Discovery login details.

Connect your Garmin unit via USB to your PC/laptop and follow the prompts - that simple.

I've got activities dating back to June on there. However I doubt they'll be giving out points for old activities - or for any activity this year?

No, you'll get points for all of them. All the activities on your unit will be uploaded to the site on the first shot thumbup1.gif

No, you'll get points for all of them. All the activities on your unit will be uploaded to the site on the first shot thumbup1.gif

Guess it is coz I've blown right through my fitness points then. Single member 80,000 points ;)

Boom thanks for the fred mtbDobby....works like a charm. thumbup1.gif

Just uploaded 100 hours worth of workouts...no issues no fuss....seems it takes a day or two to reflect against your vitality points. Also quickly got the Discovery app on Itunes....so you can track them nicely.

ok, prob just me thats stupid,

uploaded the exercises, and then? where do I view them being listed, points allocated,

G

ok, prob just me thats stupid,

uploaded the exercises, and then? where do I view them being listed, points allocated,

G

Think it takes a day or two to process. You should see them appear under your vitality points breakdown, but give it a day or two