[Infographic] 2012 Year on The Hub in review - By the numbers

Matt

Hi Hubbers,

Some of you will recall the infographic we put together in 2011 which gave a run down of some interesting stats on The Hub.

Well it's that time of year again (already!) and we've put together a 2012 version with all the figures for the year to date.

(See the infographic below)

2012 saw some impressive growth in our numbers. Most notably Unique Visitors shot up by 56% year on year (151,324 vs 96,853 for November). That places The Hub in the Top 10 sports sites in SA! And well within the Top 100 SA sites overall at 68th (based on independent stats from Effective Measure).

In 2012 we gained 7,903 new members, 12,945 new topics and 325,200 forum posts. Tumbleweed created the most topics in 2012 at 160, with 'Dale taking the top poster spot for his 8,584 posts in the year.

There was little surprise in the most viewed topics for 2012 with two doping topics leading the rankings, the most viewed for 2012 being Lance Armstrong Banned and Stripped of TDF Titles with 112,624 views (and 3,489 replies).

On the Classifieds side 28,218 new listings were posted attracting 60,041 comments and 6,808,292 views between them.

Gauteng and the Western Cape account for the majority of the adverts posted with 39.9% and 39.5% respectively. MTB dominated the listings at 47% with road accounting for 30% of the adverts posted.

All in all 2012 been a great year for us.

...and 2013 is expected to be an even better year for The Hub as we look to expand the team behind the scenes. More hands on deck will allow us to kick out updates on a more regular basis and attend to issues more swiftly. Importantly we'll be able to focus more attention on various aspects of the community from content organisation and management to the softer side of things as well.

Thank you to all you Hubbers for contributing to the success and growth of the site this year. I wish you all a great festive period with many kilometre's on your favourite trails and roads.

Cheers,

Matt

2012_Infographic_web.jpg

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

didnt realise there was SUCH a strong bias towards Gauteng and W Cape....us KZNers are few and far between

didnt realise there was SUCH a strong bias towards Gauteng and W Cape....us KZNers are few and far between

And they keep moving to CT ... hey Caerus is the newest Durbanite who is now a Kaapie ;)

Some people only spend 9 or 10 minutes? Is that possible?

And looking at the Cape vs Gauteng in terms of proportion of population, onse Kaapies are either a lot keener on cycling or we get less work done ...

Some people only spend 9 or 10 minutes? Is that possible?

And looking at the Cape vs Gauteng in terms of proportion of population, onse Kaapies are either a lot keener on cycling or we get less work done ...

There are just more Kaapies who know how to use a PC ph34r.png

interesting....never thought dale would be the king poster...thought karma would take it fo sure

I think a lot of those posts came from the Tattooed and sexy woman thread.

quite interesting, no rugby site in the top10?

also surprised to see 30% females on the hub, wonder what the proportion of female posts are-sure it's much less.

My "famiry" is disappointed, I brought shame to my crest.

Youu have much to learn, padawan…

Just this posting to get to 39 000… devil.gif

Edited by Tumbleweed

Youu have much to learn, padawan…

Just this posting to get to 39 000… devil.gif

but you only have 720 likes??