Rollers for training?

Tightfitt

Hi hubbers

Please share info on the use of rollers - easy to use? Climbing on and off?

Training? or just for warm up?

Thanks

They fun... sort of. easy to keep speed/cadence/HR pretty constant.

indoor trainers you can read a book, watch tv, whatever you prefer.

rollers... don't take your eyes off them.

so far, no involuntary dismounts, but it's only been a week.

done a couple 45-60min sessions.

training for training works the best whistling.gif

I Agree,but those nights when you've worked late and it's dark out.

....Ipod and rollers for an hour and you're sorted

Edited by Cav'

i have done some of my best training on rollers, a secret is to tape some insulation tape about 10cm from the edge on either side of the front rollers, as soon as you start drifting sideways on the rollers it makes a noise and you can correct. I place my rollers next to a wall on one side, which you can learn to "nudge" against, like in a bunch, and I put a chair on the other side with a bottle and small towl on. After a few weeks, youll easily learn to ride very smooth, handsfree, and even stand!! Time really goes faster than a ststionary trainer as you have to concentrate........ i love em!!!!

Great for training. You develop a very smooth pedal stroke. And if you can sprInt on rollers your whole pedal stroke and power delivery is really smooth. I loved them. You can get a serious workout.

I found when starting on the rollers the best place is inside a door frame, easy to mount on an off.

Easy to correct aswell,like ridi.g a big bunch and nudging with the elbows.

Real training is the best but this is a good alternitave.

Sounds good, what do a decent set of rollers retail for ? is it practical to use a 29er on them ?

Sounds good, what do a decent set of rollers retail for ? is it practical to use a 29er on them ?

I do (+ The roadbike is a 29er too)

I do (+ The roadbike is a 29er too)

Cool, I know that some of the old IDTs fit a road bike wheel but not a 29er MTB, thanks

I found when starting on the rollers the best place is inside a door frame, easy to mount on an off.

Easy to correct as well,like ridi.g a big bunch and nudging with the elbows.

Real training is the best but this is a good alternative.

+1 for the door frame and rolling will smooth out your pedal strokes.

I roll once a week for an hour and my pedalling efficiency is much better.

In my mind there is no better way to train indoors.

Edited by Spartan226

I use my rollers, not as often as I shoud though. They really teach you to develop a smooth pedal stroke.

Anyone here use a TT bike on rollers? Or is that just asking for a clip to end up on youtube?

our lbs mechanic was telling me a story the other about him on the rollers says it was raining so he setup in the kitchen started getting really into the session and then the next thing he remembers is waking up on the floor with fridge door bent and buckled over him he guesses he was doing close to 50ks an hour when the crap hit the fan i rolled with tears in my eyes when he told me the story