Rollers for training?

Tightfitt

+1 for the door frame and rolling will smooth out your pedal strokes.

I roll once a week for an hour and my pedalling efficiency is much better.

In my mind there is no better way to train indoors.

check out the rollers on chris willemse http://www.cwcycles....antares-rollers best price and great product, designed to keep you riding in the middle of the rollers Edited by shaune

our lbs mechanic was telling me a story the other about him on the rollers says it was raining so he setup in the kitchen started getting really into the session and then the next thing he remembers is waking up on the floor with fridge door bent and buckled over him he guesses he was doing close to 50ks an hour when the crap hit the fan i rolled with tears in my eyes when he told me the story

that happened to me as well, on rollers next to fridge in garage and grabbed for support and freezer door opened on me, MAKE SURE ITS LOCKED BEFORE U GRAB

Or you can do the 'woos' passage thing blush.png - getting on and off not so easy but you can prevent dismounts by using your elbows ;) - also have the tape on front roller going ....

I use them when it is absolutely necessary (been raining for 5 days without a break ....)

post-271-0-60570900-1355473183_thumb.jpg

check out the rollers on chris willemse http://www.cwcycles....antares-rollers best price and great product, designed to keep you riding in the middle of the rollers

ordered mine early morning and received it the next day with no delivery charge, could not beat the price at any store chris willemse great product great service and great price

Japanese track team on rollers - training for perfect smooth stroke at highest cadence (very impressive):

Somewhere on theHub there is a pic of what happens to a carbon fibre bike when you crash off rollers. Happened to Fandacious. ph34r.png

I lost concentration on my rollers a couple of weeks ago but managed to put my foot down in time. Unfortunately my floor is rather smooth and my cleat just slipped out from underneath me and I ended up doing a semi-split on the floor. wacko.png So, I think they're great for training as long as you don't lose your concentration.

Somewhere on theHub there is a pic of what happens to a carbon fibre bike when you crash off rollers. Happened to Fandacious. ph34r.png

I lost concentration on my rollers a couple of weeks ago but managed to put my foot down in time. Unfortunately my floor is rather smooth and my cleat just slipped out from underneath me and I ended up doing a semi-split on the floor. wacko.png So, I think they're great for training as long as you don't lose your concentration.

So my passage option is not too bad ;)

• 7 months later...

Hijack-On:

Roller question: anyone know the length of Tacx roller drive belts (as advertised on CWC) and if they might be compatible with other rollers? Thanks!

Hijack-off

• 2 weeks later...

I got 70km/h the other morning and I was thinking to myself if I go off these rollers now it was going to be ugly!

I would worry more about my bike than my broken arm or leg!!??

Riding on rollers sounds pretty boring, but still I am considering getting me one for those windy and rainy days...

Hardly boring, you need to keep focused. Got one recently, not sorry. I use a stepladder for mounting and dismounting. I have not fallen yet :clap: