Only in SA

dfm1

EM' date=' on one hand I do agree, but on the other, some of the "powers that be" have a general corrupt state of mind.  I can bet you if the people that SP posted about gave the Metro cops a few R1000 the lady would've been off.  [/quote']

All this still stems from denying basic human rights from the offset. If the previous regime had treated everyone equally we would not be sitting with the problems we have now will we?

A bit like selling my car on the brink of engine failure and telling the you that it's been running fine, and not had a day off trouble with it...

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EM' date=' on one hand I do agree, but on the other, some of the "powers that be" have a general corrupt state of mind.  I can bet you if the people that SP posted about gave the Metro cops a few R1000 the lady would've been off.  [/quote']

All this still stems from denying basic human rights from the offset. If the previous regime had treated everyone equally we would not be sitting with the problems we have now will we?

A bit like selling my car on the brink of engine failure and telling the you that it's been running fine, and not had a day off trouble with it...

Does this then mean that in 5 years time I can start murdering people as AA is denying me the basic human right of equal oppurtunity (sp???)?  Nope it does not.  What about being fair and giving everyone a chance in the NEW SA?  We keep on hammering on the new, but nothing has changed, just a change in the guard....

eezymiles, you are one very sick individual if you think that any from of reconcilliation will ever come out of retribution.

ALL that your attitude will do is make people who previously believed in reconcilliation and equality think that maybe they should never have opened the door for a "new" south africa

people like you should be shipped off to Zim and the good folk from Zim should be shipped here. then our country would have a chance. instead, with the likes of you here there is no hope.

eezymiles' date=' EXCUSE ME?!?!?!??!?!?!?! so just because she is white she should "just accept" being treated the way she was and being charged with fraud?!?!?!??!?!?!??!?!?! you saying we should all just accept being robbed, raped and murdered?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!? you poor poor person thinking this way![/quote']

Obviously, I was not referring to the above post, but to the startup thread. Yes, it is sad that the above incident occurred, but no different to 20 years ago when you were minding your own business and got your sorry ass thrown in jail for being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

Also, I do not recall mentioning race in any of my posts??

Anyway, I think that turning a bike forum into a political forum just is not right. If you want to voice your opinion, then take your time to voice it in the newspapers where everyone has an opportunity to read it and not some priviliged minority on the hub...

It was terrible what happened in the old SA. No denying that. But now its very much the same thing, and as Slowpoke pointed out, retribution will never accomplish anything other than prolonged hatred.

But, the old SA did have its vantages. We did not need the rest of the world for anything, and now we cant take a pee without having to apologise for it.

Eezymiles, you made the post yourself, and in so doing chose to enter this debate.

If your ass got thrown in jail, its probably coz you were doing something wrong.

With human rights come human obligations and responsibility. How do we make everyone equal - by raising those that were oppressed or pulling down those that were previously advantaged?

I'm now really starting to get fed up with this bitching and moaning about the state of the country! To begin with' date=' the people who are now in power were given an F!@%# up country to start off with  that was on the brink of a civil war.

Now I agree that we are not doing fantastic right now, but bitching and moaning does not solve anything. Tell yourself enough times that you are no good, and you'll start believing it.

I guess it's time to dust yourself off..  pick up your bike and ride it...
[/quote']

There's a huge difference between bitching and being critical which i believe was the opening thread, as for your statement about handing a &&**% country over, here's an example, my G/F grandfather lives opposite a school that was previously well maintained and run, but they merged with another school nearby and pda children now occupy it,  since then its gone to the dogs, window's and fences broken, grass not cut, litter everywhere etc. So to summrise a perfectly good well maintained building was handed over and is now an eyesore. It costs nothing for the kids to pick up after them but why should they, when someone else can and finance is not an issue as the parents rock up in expensive german cars to drop their kids off, and the teachers hold regular late night weekend do's there.

...I agree with EM, this is a bike forum and I personally log in here to escape the Sh*t on the outside....having said that - EM you're using the opportunity to express your leanings....no one's interested pal, practice what you preach.

A bit like selling my car on the brink of engine failure and telling the you that it's been running fine' date=' and not had a day off trouble with it...
[/quote']

It has been 14 YEARS for crying out loud - sure the previous regime has to account for poverty, unemployment etc.. but you surely cant blame the previous regime for the culture of violence, corruption and disregard for human rights which have emerged since 94

Eezymiles' date=' you made the post yourself, and in so doing chose to enter this debate.
If your ass got thrown in jail, its probably coz you were doing something wrong.
[/quote']

Ja right.... Clap

EM, a f**ked up country, I agree, but with good infrastructure, neat sidewalks and parks, nice schools, hospitals, roads, electricity etc. ... the kind of life that the cultural group I belong to enjoy!

Now the country is more f**ked up, so is everything else!

With reference to the earlier post in which someone was locked up, she was locked up for being in the wrong EM.

She was arrested for being in possesion of something that was not genuine. That licence was issued by somebody corrupt, and after it was proved that she was innocent, no charges stuck.

So my point is still, if your ass is thrown in jail, its coz you have done something wrong...if you are innocent, you need not worry.

I'm now really starting to get fed up with this bitching and moaning about the state of the country! To begin with' date=' the people who are now in power were given an F!@%# up country to start off with  that was on the brink of a civil war.

Now I agree that we are not doing fantastic right now, but bitching and moaning does not solve anything. Tell yourself enough times that you are no good, and you'll start believing it.

I guess it's time to dust yourself off..  pick up your bike and ride it...
[/quote']

Confused Yes perhaps they started off with a F!@%# up country (and thats another debate) but almost 14 years later where is SA now?

Having Ostriches in the country is one thing, behaving like one is another Wink