Avianto Trails @Avianto Lifestyle Estate

Richard Beswick

Those ruins freaked me out at last years mud run but I think the history of the place must make for a really good story!!

Yes, it was a quite freaky in the ruins before the Zombie House section where the swimming pools were. Probably the story would be a lot more "colourful" than any of us expect it to be.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it was a quite freaky in the ruins before the Zombie House section where the swimming pools were. Probably the story would be a lot more "colourful" than any of us expect it to be.

I'm imagining an inbred family and a stranded motorist :whistling:

I'm imagining an inbred family and a stranded motorist :whistling:

Hahahaha.

Well for it to have just been abandoned like that something must've happened.

Perhaps Richard could put a trail through the house the run went through (if there isn't one already).

Any rides happening here this weekend? I have to get some training in.

I'm sure there will be some people there. Just go ride and you will see some hubbers/cyclists there.

• 4 weeks later...

My son and I had an enjoyable ride there yesterday . Maybe just us , but not always sure if we were doing the blue or green route . At the end of the day, it did not matter. Had fun . Reason for post = What is the history behind the train tracks ?

The train is an old kiddies train from when Syringa was a family resort, the train is still around and old diesel engine train, it will eventually be restored and the track might be put into use again once the Avianto Estate starts to expand. Until then it is an awesome section of trail.

To answer the blue and green question they follow largely the same route the blue route does extra pieces which branch off the green and return to it until the green heads back to the clubhouse. The blue is the only route that does the train tunnel.

The train is an old kiddies train from when Syringa was a family resort, the train is still around and old diesel engine train, it will eventually be restored and the track might be put into use again once the Avianto Estate starts to expand. Until then it is an awesome section of trail.

To answer the blue and green question they follow largely the same route the blue route does extra pieces which branch off the green and return to it until the green heads back to the clubhouse. The blue is the only route that does the train tunnel.

Ah was that then what was called Syringa Spa?

Its a lovely trail

post-523-0-51063000-1381818317_thumb.jpg

In what years was it a resort?

Thinking we should have the next SS ride there. There are braai facilities and a pool.

'nuf said.

Could work...we have to work gilroys into the equation somehow though.

Perhaps get them to set up a mobile draught tap for us next to the pool... you know.. bring the party to us...

Yea cause lets face it, if we "stop" at gilroys...we aint leaving

In what years was it a resort?

There used be a popular MotorX track at Syringa. I guess 30 odd years ago!