Help to choose bike rack

Jaco-fiets

I want to buy a bike rack (tow bar mount). I narrowed it down to either a Thule or Buzz. It will only have to carry 2 bikes but my friends suggested it is better to get a 3 bike carrier since 2 bikes fits bit tight on a 2 bike carrier.

Which do you guys suggest (name and model) and where can i get them for the best price? Not keen to spend 7or 8K on a bike rack so keep that in mind.

I am currently borrowing a friend's thule euroway and it is really cool to use. Also like that you buy it assembled

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!

Enjoy holidays and drive safe people. Pls mind fellow cyclistthumbup1.gif

I've got one of those old black and blue bike racks (the bent bar with the blue frame mounts), which is a 2-bike rack. Never had any issues with it being a tight fit hey. At the end of the day you're going to strap it tightly anyways as to not let your bike get dinged when it moves forward and backwards.

Hi Jaco

I have dealt and worked with lots of different bike racks and thus far the buzz rack antelope

is a excellent buy.

My opinion, Thule is a bit over priced.

I have the buzzrack, good low price - but theres a reason for that.... sorry to say. i will give agent 10 points for after sales service.

Had issues with mine 3 times now (stripped bolts, straps breaking, plastic breaking. I do use it alot, so perhaps I should have bought the Thule. Also the clamp that holds the bike doesnt work very well - if you over tighten, the bolts strip... under tighten and bye bye bike off the back (had that twice). Now revert to those elastic jobbies to make sure it stays on.

Maybe the newer stuff is better....

I want to buy a bike rack (tow bar mount). I narrowed it down to either a Thule or Buzz. It will only have to carry 2 bikes but my friends suggested it is better to get a 3 bike carrier since 2 bikes fits bit tight on a 2 bike carrier.

Which do you guys suggest (name and model) and where can i get them for the best price? Not keen to spend 7or 8K on a bike rack so keep that in mind.

I am currently borrowing a friend's thule euroway and it is really cool to use. Also like that you buy it assembled

Thanks in advance for the help!!!!!

Enjoy holidays and drive safe people. Pls mind fellow cyclistthumbup1.gif

Menabo 3 bike rack is the bomb. And well priced.

I think the model I have is Winny plus 3.

Speak to Barry at rack and carry. Good price and service.

http://www.rackandcarry.co.za/m/BikeRacks

I have a bosal 2 bike rack - the nice thing is it folds up pretty small for storage - the bikes are pretty tight fit, but you can put 2 29ers on with a bit of thinking about how to do it.

Got it direct from the wholesaler too - so pretty inexpensive - just under 2k.

I guess at some point I will need space for extra bikes for the kids, but for the moment it serves me well enough - I usually just toss 1 bike inside my wagon if I am alone, and don't bother with the rack at all.

Of course the rack that seems easist to use is not available here, but when I am feeling like a new rack is needed, then I plan to import one.

http://www.1upusa.com/

Thule euroway is the shizzles and you can very easily fit 2 bikes on the 2 bike version - I will never use anything else seeing that you get what you pay for.

Thule euroway is the shizzles and you can very easily fit 2 bikes on the 2 bike version - I will never use anything else seeing that you get what you pay for.

What is the difference between the euroride and euroway?

I have a Thule Euroride and I am very happy. Managed to get it secondhand on thehub at a good price so keep your eyes on the classifieds because some good deals come up..

Edited by robinh

What is the difference between the euroride and euroway?

Euroway is the fancier one - to me they do the same thing...

Bear in mind that you need to display your licence plate and your lights must be clearly visible.

Perhaps look at racks with their own lights and licence plate holder

Euroway is the fancier one - to me they do the same thing...

I checked it out now. Only significant diff is that with the euroway you can lock the bikes on the rack. I can get a new euroride 3 bike carrier for R3500. That a good price?

I checked it out now. Only significant diff is that with the euroway you can lock the bikes on the rack. I can get a new euroride 3 bike carrier for R3500. That a good price?

that is a very good price.

that is a very good price.

I had my prices horribly wrong. Ordered the Thule Euroride 2 bike carrier this morning for R4000. Guess the price is not so good anymore?