Which Bike Rack to choose?

Lewyza

Hi all,

I have a Polo Hatch and before I buy a bike rack, I'd like to know from experienced bike rack owners which rack best suites the Polo Hatch.

It will have to be something within my budget so I'm looking at getting the Thule Clip-On 9103.

Reason being, it clips on and has no side straps which makes the car look much neater.

Is this bike rack strong enough even though it does not have the side straps?

Do you know where in Cape Town they have stock?

How much are they?

I appreciate your help in making me choose the right bike rack for me.

Regards

Lewy

Hi Lewy_za

I was in the same boat as you, I have an audi a3, no towbar and my options where a buzzrack from sportmans warehouse or the thule one you mentioned.

I opted for the thule one, got it from load and go next to revolution cycles in bree street in the cbd. Give them a call as I might have taken the last one, however there are tones of thule dealers in cpt.

As for strong enough, my first trip to Hermanus from cape town was smooth, however can someone please enlighten me to the followingblink.png :

I improvised with old show laces, but how are you supposed to stop the pedals from moving? The strap that comes with it, as per the videos are for strapping multiple bikes together???

Oh an I cut up an old felt cloth that I put on the four hooks, just to protect the paint work as much as I could.

Hope this helps a bit.