Ironman South Africa Race Rules

Garfield2010

1.) extra tubes and bombs (if I puncture I would like to stock up for the next lap)

2.) extra wheel set. If I choose a disk wheel and the wind picks up, am I allowed to change the wheel after lap two for example? The pros have a car with wheels on the roof following them so what are we as amateurs supposed to do?

Thx

1. Extra tubes, bombs, tires, yes you can

2. You have to finish with the bike & wheels you started on

Actually, you just need the number on the card.. I entered without spending anything thumbup1.gif well kept secret..

Actually you are quite correct ! I made the mistake of putting spaces in the card number. When it complained about the R100 it was actually saying it did not know the card number. When I removed the spaces all worked FINE clap.gif so the best kept secret is not so secret anymore. In any case in 2010 I spent R4500 on a pair of glasses and a futher R1200 of contacts between then and now , all at spec savers, so why the hell should I pay an extra R100. Clearly I am a loyal client.smile.png

Well done. The Garf would love to rub claws with you during the swim in PE...........

Best you be as fast as I am biggrin.png if you are that would be great. Generally I am as blind as a bat without my glasses and sighting is an issue for me. My swimming strategy is to find someone who swims at the same pace as me and then sight on them to make sure I am on course and hope like hell they can see and sight properly laugh.png

Best you be as fast as I am biggrin.png if you are that would be great. Generally I am as blind as a bat without my glasses and sighting is an issue for me. My swimming strategy is to find someone who swims at the same pace as me and then sight on them to make sure I am on course and hope like hell they can see and sight properly laugh.png

Just be carefull as there is one blind guy racing every yearph34r.png

I have an idea. I am going to make sure I swim in front of you. Then when you stay on my paws I am gonna swim 500m out to the deep sea before launching my claw attack on you.

Welcome back Gripen. How was your 8 month sabattical from Triathlon?

Wait a second, your maths is wrong. Last one was in August, next one in Jan - only 4 months. Probably only going to do 70.3 and IMSA in 2013 (less is more approach). Do them and do them well!

I notice according to the rules, any help from friends is disallowed, esp, getting food. As with drafting in EL, I notice lots of participants were getting lots of handout from the public, presumably family and friends.

I need a fresh warm boerewors on each cycle lap, how can I pull this one off without offending the referee..my friends will erect a tent with braai no doubt.

it is the same with drafting and outside assistance (been given anything by anyone) lots of people do it and only a few caught the difference between the two is for drafting you get a penalty if caught and if caught with outside assistance your race is over!

There is a spot where you may be handed food, clothes, spares, etc. It's specifically marked. You will get all the details in the race briefing, thus you can plan to get your goodies in the "assistance zone".

Boerewors roll on each lap, though...?

Edited by Spartan226