Lay-byes for bicycles?

Chadryanstephenson

Are there any cycling outlets that sell bicycles on lay-bye? Obviously the whole credit check would be done, and a letter from the bank etc.

Preferably in KZN or Cape Town & surrounds.

Lay-bye means you get the bike once you finished paying, what bike u looking

And then by the time you've done paying, the bike you're getting is not worth the price you paid.

Lay -buy and by the time you paid for it, something else will have taken your fancy. Taking out a personal loan and you will pay and pay and pay...

Open up one of those 30- day- notice- bank- accounts and save and earn interest.

This will also save you from any impulsive buys.

Not only will you be able to buy the best for your money but you can negotiate with cash in your hand.

Think about it

Edited by NoHare

Are there any cycling outlets that sell bicycles on lay-bye? Obviously the whole credit check would be done, and a letter from the bank etc.

Preferably in KZN or Cape Town & surrounds.

Back in 2000 I bought my second MTB on LB form my LBS. Took me 6 months to pay off and the LBS was happy with it, you need to negotiate with the shop-owner directly. Helps a lot of the shop knows you as a cuzzie.

Look in thehub classifieds and find an awesome 2hnder for half the price.....

Probably get 200% better specs and value for money than if you used that same amount of money to buy a new out the box....many lovely people on thehub have too much money and lots of GAS...

I think cycle lab offers finance.

It is insane that you have to finance a bicycle but this is the world we live in.

If you happy to pay more in the end then go for it.

This is what I have done for many years.... I go and negotiate with my local cycle store to "save" money with them. Obviously you need to make sure your money is safe. I then pay the money over to them as I have it available.

Next. A couple of months down the line you have a hefty credit balance with them, you now have cash negotiation power! I have done this with Cycle Lab, Cajees, Weskus Sports, Cycle Teknix and many more. It works for me. My latest buy is a Merida Scultura what what, and should be able to collect in a week or so!clap.gif

You oes are funny , what about having self control and saving the money in your own bank account and just buying the bike one lump sum when its all saved up...

different strokes

You should run the country, I see you have it all sorted in life your champ! I need some advice on my neighbours dogs, sure you can help there too!