A hole raxi and his cronies tried to seriously hurt us

Active Monkey

My boet and me where on our MtB's cycling up hendrik potgieter when a taxi full of people drinking and singing drove next to us. We where in yellow lane, close to clear water. We cycle on the grass and ground and only went on tar when no other way.

With out any reason we got thrown with a empty glass bottle ( looked like savana) it missed us and they drove on.

We caught up with them at the traffic light by mc donalds and saw every one was drinking and pointing at us laughing.

They where just to many so i told my boet to let it go.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A few points:

HP - Road of death (Cars, but especially pedestrians and cyclists)

Drunken passengers, irrespective of vehicle - warning sign!

had a tappet have a go at me yesterday, he had swerved his 4x4 and caravan right across the dirt road, almost colliding with the missus and myself.

I raised my hand in a what are you doing gesture so he screeches to a stop and an old fart gets out and goes off. Turns out i am a dom f*k*n engelsman because he was swerving onto my side of the road to avoid the potholes in his 4x4!

funny thing is i normally cycle that piece on the opposite side where he was as its the better half of the road, there are no potholes!

Gave me a good laugh as i thought he was going to have a seizure the way he was carrying on shouting and swearing! looked like he was having a bad new years eve!

Last night a bunch of drunk people threw firecrackers out of their car at people in the street. It missed, luckily, and the cops were sent to their location soon after. You get stupid bastards...

OP. English, do you speak it?

But seriously. New Year's Day rides are notoriously bad.

That said, we headed west, and had no trouble to speak of.

Hi Tombeej,

I like what you say. Will be buying a can this morning!!!! I would aim for the driver - he should be in control of clients.

Regards

Sarge

I'd also think twice about taking on a whole minibus full of drunken idiots.

Pepper spray sounds like a good thing to carry whilst training, I've often thought of getting some to use on pet owners that fail to keep their dogs in their yards or on leashes.

That's why I ride with a mini pepper spray in my pocket. I would have just come to the nearest window, stuck my hand in and let loose.

Imagine pulling a rubber snake out your back pocket and throwing it into the window... I bet the side panels of that taxi would have peeled off at 80km/h with escapees

Imagine pulling a rubber snake out your back pocket and throwing it into the window... I bet the side panels of that taxi would have peeled off at 80km/h with escapees

What are you trying to say dude? ohmy.png

Below is my can of Swat (about R120 at your local security store). It's small and light and I don't feel it in my back pocket.

I have the mini can that has the long thin spray. The other nozzle type is the 'mist' spray. Problem with the mist spray is that it's only for very close quarters and when you're not moving. More often than not you end up misting yourself too. The long thin spray version can hit its target very accurately 4m away - with minimal risk of getting the stuff in your own face at the same time. And you can hit people on the move as well.

post-22004-0-34144800-1357108266_thumb.jpg

Below is my can of Swat (about R120 at your local security store). It's small and light and I don't feel it in my back pocket.

I have the mini can that has the long thin spray. The other nozzle type is the 'mist' spray. Problem with the mist spray is that it's only for very close quarters and when you're not moving. More often than not you end up misting yourself too. The long thin spray version can hit its target very accurately 4m away - with minimal risk of getting the stuff in your own face at the same time. And you can hit people on the move as well.

I like.

DISCLAIMER: I don't advocate going around pepper spraying people whenever you feel like it! I carry my Swat can only for emergencies and when my life has been put in danger (and I would put a bottle thrown at me from a moving vehicle in that category). I've only ever had to use my pepper spray once in the 4 years I've had them. See it as a very dangerous weapon, it's not a toy.

I was hijacked and believe me if I had tried to use pepper spray site I 3would be dead now. It is useless unless it is actually in your hand, you have an escape route .... and you know what they are going to do.

It happens too fast to fumble for something.

I rode past someone and they grabbed me.... must I pepper spray everyone before I ride past them?