Cycling without a helmet in GroenKloof!!!!

Dragson

I soooo do miss those days when you used to be able to jump on your bike for a 100k sunday morning ride with simply a cap on to keep the sun out of your eyes. Hey whats that plastic thing on thats guys head ? its not a helmet is it ?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Reasons to be concerned about others not wearing a helmet

• if they crack thier pip and are not on medical aid, my/your tax will pay for his ambulance, treatment etc which could rather be spent on better things

Like what? Paying for our wonderful presidents upgrades to his house? whistling.gif

Some are born smart, others like me learn the hard way helmets are necessary! haha

Few minor, and 2 major concussions, last one leaving me in hospital for 2days and forgetting/losing most of my st9 year at school, since then I dont ride to 7-11 without a helmet.

Reasons to be concerned about others not wearing a helmet:

• If they crack there pip, their medical aid, which I may also be a member of will be faced with large bills to pay, making my/your medical aid more expensive
  • if they crack thier pip and are not on medical aid, my/your tax will pay for his ambulance, treatment etc which could rather be spent on better things

Choosing to disobey laws and safety rules does impact on others and is not a victimless crime.

and so does smoking, drinking, being fat, having a stressful job etc. that are not against the law.

every single one of us do things on a daily basis that we shouldn't be doing. it's just that some things that are okay for you, aren't for others, hence this debate in the first place.

i for one think its a lot more costly to the medical aid, environment, society, health and safety in general. to smoke in a building than it is to ride all by yourself in the open without a helmet, yet we don't post pictures and name and shame every **** lighting a cigarette?

it would be great if everybody were saints, but damn do we need to point fingers at every bloke who does something stupid?

but just to be clear. I am all for obeying the rules of the place where you go have your fun, so wear a helmet at groenkloof dammit!

Edited by rudi-h

I battle to get my 4 year old to wear her helmet !! So I show her that everybody else is wearing one until this Darwin award winner shows up !! So NO , don't leave him ask him to leave the park !

This is the prize right here!

It's up to us as cyclists to take the responsibility to set the standard. No helmet no ride.

Judging by the shape of his head, I don't think he would look cool of he wore a lid. Perfectly logical reason. :whistling:

I feel that it is a bit arrogant to tell another adult how to enjoy his chosen sport. Surely he knows the risks and has

made a choice. Perhaps he left his lid at home? I always ride with a helmet, but if I were to leave it at home, I'd ride without it.

Its funny majority of rock climbers don't wear a helmet and this is acceptable. I suppose different cultures.

#

5 Pages of a guy not wearing a helmet? I get more pissed by those guys and gals climbing off and pushing their bikes right in the middle of the track in a race.

I was riding at Groenies this morning, there are usually nature conservation officers at the trail head, this morning they weren't there, probably due to the holidays. These guys are the ones that would stop the helmet less guy from riding.

There are signs that clearly say no helmet no ride, it's not optional or your choice, if you choose not to wear a helmet then f@ck off and ride somewhere else

Hey, I was there this morning wearing my helmut ;). Did anyone c me? :P

I may have seen you, helmut and all.