RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

Het dit nie geglo nie. Die familie ontmoet by Gravel Travel. Sterkte vir die familie en vriende. Soveel wat hy nog moes doen.

Wat moet nog gebeur?

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a sad sad day for South Africa!

R.I.P, a truely South African hero, legend and Ambasador.

As said by a previous poster "You will be missed but never forgotten."

RIP, this shocking. My wife and I did last christmas shopping at Ballito Mall and still pointed him out to my wife and son.

Condolences to his wife and family and friends.

As a suggestion of what can be done to the taxis: Make it compulsory for every taxi to have a video camera mounted inside that records the driving along with extra info, like a black box. Then when something happens they can check the footage and info. Or install gps devices on all the taxis that track their speed and fine them accordingly. Enforcing and policing it is a whole other story though, but if something can be put in place where they don't just get away with bad driving it might help to make the roads a bit safer for other users. Cycling lanes would be fantastic as well.

Totally shocked

RIP legend

To all other cyclists riding our roads, please be extra careful.

We have lost many a cyclist on our road, each a legend in their own right, committed to a passion that we all share.

Another savage kills one of our country's champs. Government (more like clowns) should bring law to the taxis. But they just don't have the mental capacity and are incapacitated to do this. They rather have their voters sit in the taxis and pray for their lives.. They rather have their families drive in larger cars to be better protected against a Taxi accident. Africa is plagued by the lack of thinking forward.

Never has any news left me so dumbstruck and shocked silent as this...

RIP BURRY!!!

Same with me! Feel like giving up cycling after this news! I'am so shocked and sad. Condolences to Cherise and family.

He has been my hero since he was 17 and will remain my hero forever. He did so much for the sport and will always be remembered by the international mountain biking community not only SA

Edited by Toxic