RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't remember having seen such courage on a mtb like our Burry at Olympics, what a legend and what a loss

My heart and condolences go out to his family and may you rest in peace you great man

From Specialized Director of Sports Marketing, David Hyam:

Dear All,

It is with great sadness that we bid farewell to our friend and cycling legend Burry, who was tragically snatched away in the prime of his life while training in his home town of Kwazulu-Natal this afternoon.

We have lost not only a friend, colleague and team-mate, but a true sportsman. He will long be remembered for his humility, his prowess and the gentle manner in which he conducted his life!

Our heartfelt sympathies, thoughts and prayers go out to his wife Cherise, his parents, family and all who were privileged to know this gentle giant.

Life is short, life is sweet but his legend will live on forever… Sincere condolences to all.

David Hyam and the Specialized S-Racing Team

RIP Burry, thanks for being such an inspiration to so many people,.

Sincere condolences to your family and strength for the days that lie ahead

RIP Burry, what a legend. You have left deep tracks where every you have gone and will always be remembered.

RIP Burry!!! It is a shock but you will be missed!! My heart goes out to Cherise and family.....sad.png

Edited by Adre

Hey Burry ,

You have gone too soon , well will miss you but never forget you .To your wife and family I'm so

very very sorry he had to go .