RIP Burry Stander

Ranga

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Very sad sad day indeed! My deepest condolences to Cherise and his Family!!!

I should think that this is one loss that we should not allow to "blow over"! Although I am a mountain biker and very rarely ride on the roads, we must do everything to ensure that our roads become a safer place for cyclists, and not just for the next month or so untill this shock of Burry's death is not as deep as yesterday and today!

This morning, another 2 cyclist were knocked down in JHB, by a taxi. They were riding in a cycle lane that had a curb between it and the road...

RIP Burry.

Even though i didn't know you in person, you had (and always will have) a huge impact on my life. It is so sad and such a cliche that all the good guys die young!!!!

Condolences to the family....my thoughts are with you!

RIP Burry Stander - You were, and will for many years to come, be an inspiration for many young aspiring cyclists!

Guys ,

Something HAS to be done about all the cyclists that die on our roads every year. It is disgusting!!!!! We as cyclists have to unite and do something to change this in South Africa!!Burry you will be sorely missed!!!

RIP Burry Stander! Condolences to the family!

Tragic to lose such a Great ambassador of cycling so early in life.

Shocked at the news that South Africa has lost one of its heroes .... and in a road safety issue too unsure.png

Condolences and prayers to his wife and family during this tough time!

A great tribute pic posted on GT's Facebook page, Burry's bike sponsor when he broke onto the scene, he rode a Zaskar at the Beijing Olympics when he was 20 years old.

You will be missed.

post-3958-0-49632800-1357281981_thumb.jpg

This new is shocking and very saddening... its almost like there is a hole in the cycling community now.... it just seems "different" now.....

Our sincere condolences to his family!!!

R.I.P Burry, you will be sorely missed!!

4 hour tribute on ss5 toninght at 7, will have to record it I wonthave the heart to watch it. Black day for south afrika and cycling. RIP Burry you did us proud