CRITICAL MASS FOR BURRY

izzypzee

Someone once told me that the real reason for critical mass was to highlight road safety. In light of over 1200 road deaths this festive season and the tragic untimely death of Burry Stander, lets get every cyclist we know to ride from Dunkeld into Town. Lets close Jan Smuts Avenue, and light it up with LED lights. If you are not in JHB then organise the same protest in your nearest city..CT, Durban, Bloem. Lets make a noise on the 25th January for road and Cycle Safety.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

please post dates. we have to create more awareness!! Tragic loss and not the last one on our roads

Keep the idea going and post details please.

A couple of thousand cyclists all dressed in black should get us noticed

I'm in for Cape Town. This needs to be properly organised and preferably by the key role players in cycling in SA so that it truly is nationwide and brings out as many people as possible.

I'm in for Cape Town. This needs to be properly organised and preferably by the key role players in cycling in SA so that it truly is nationwide and brings out as many people as possible.

I'm in too

Critical Mass is always held on the last Friday night of the month. That makes it the 25th. Start at 19h00 at the Dunkeld shopping centre, on Jan Smuts Avenue, and ride into town then back.

I suggest we route via Louis Botha to Braamfontein, just to make a point.

Everyday I am aghast at the brazen and total disregard by taxis (and a lot of other drivers) for traffic lights, and basic rules of the road not to mention any sense of courtesy to or for other road users. Even time I cross that road I see that and escape death, and that's about every day.

Edited by kosmonooit

RT on Twitter #NationalCriticalMass!

Brandon Els: "Taxi driver's should be required to pass more than a code 08 drivers license in this country!"

Ronbert du Preez: "We are the cycling community! @SAPresident We are the fastest growing sport in SA! WE ARE PISSED OFF! WE WANT ROAD SAFTY #RIPBurry @KZNMTB"

I suggest we route via Louis Botha to Braamfontein, just to make a point.

Everyday I am aghast at the brazen and total disregard by taxis (and a lot of other drives) for traffic lights, and basic rules of the road not to mention any sense of courtesy to other road users. Even time I cross that road I see that, and that's about every day.

Lets keep it simple and encourage even armchair cyclists....we don't wanna ride the 94.7. It must be slow and fun.