CRITICAL MASS FOR BURRY

izzypzee

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why Friday night. Why not make it Friday morning. Everyone who owns a bike should be there. I'll even tey fly up. It needs to be big.

Then CSA, Supercycling, pro riders, celebrities, politicians, need to be riding at the front. Coverage on Supersport and evening news.

But that must just be the start. People on the Hub who have money, political clout, any kind of influence, need to lobby Govt for stricter penalties against people who knock over cyclists, esp. hit and run drivers. That must be the end-goal.

We all need to take the lead here. We can't leave it up to CSA, etc. (Although it is fully expected of them - at the very least).

Someone once told me that the real reason for critical mass was to highlight road safety. In light of over 1200 road deaths this festive season and the tragic untimely death of Burry Stander, lets get every cyclist we know to ride from Dunkeld into Town. Lets close Jan Smuts Avenue, and light it up with LED lights. If you are not in JHB then organise the same protest in your nearest city..CT, Durban, Bloem. Lets make a noise on the 25th January for road and Cycle Safety.

We should all choose a date... various towns and cities and ride in a HUGE bunch into town blocking every single car ! Please clubs arrange this so that we can make a statement... this was the last for me, let us stand up now for Burry who has given us all a reason to be proud let's block every car in a certain street and "protest" !!! This is my suggestion and opinion !

Agreed! Light up a taxi if needs be as well, as it seems that you need to use violence to state your opinion in South Africa.

Agree

Personally, I'd have done it Saturday morning at about 9am. But it looks as though everyones going off bull in a china shop on Facebook.

Let KZN do it even bigger for Burry! After all, he was one of us.

Gathering of the clans nationally at a certain time is a good idea....???

Personally, I'd have done it Saturday morning at about 9am. But it looks as though everyones going off bull in a china shop on Facebook.

Yip. Sat 9am. Meet the usual Moonlight Mass spot under GP Circle, but then we cycle out on N1 and take Paarden Island or M5 turn off and swing back over. Has to be on something that draws more than the usual attention.

Generally I would be with eccentric's train of thought, but it's time to take a stand. Quiet little back road ride won't do it this time. One-off ride won't do it either. We have to keep at it till our voices get heard.

Enough.