Archery.

Neg

Who among the hubbers does archery? where do you shoot and what bow do you shoot. post some pic's and lets discus!

i have been doing Archery for 21 years now, since i was 13. competed for a while but stopped in 2003. used a compound bow but my real love is a long bow... Recurve is fun too, no sights!

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I shoot a Bowtech Insanity CPXL. I use the range at Archer's Edge in Pretoria and the indoor range at Bow Shop. I have shot at distances from 20m to 90m. It is an awesome sport

Redge and his guys at are great! how is the Bowtec treating you?? And agreed, it is very lekker! what i like about it is that it quiet- social and fun. once you have made the initial layout you can shoot for months using the same arrows. this firearms it a constant expense with ammunition. Ha ha ha, that said archery is like cycling... there is always something you "need"

one can also shoot in your yard, passage or garage.

I am bow less at the moment, but i used to shoot with Hoyt- also only with the aggressive bows with max 6.5" brace height! but since my shoulder injury i will have to look at other more forgiving set ups, also wont go over 65lbs. Not necessary.

@eccentric1- you could do both? but i'm done with guns,(suppose i never will be) since i was 4 i have been in the gun arena and i find it too "loud" now.... its not as social as Archery for me... but black power is a different ball (excuse the pun) game though-

in my competing years i used to glue smarties to a page and shoot them at 20yars. I could hit 7-8/10 most days.

Hmmmm..... you could try find a "package deal" buy one get one free... so to speak.... "but darling, i couldnt walk away from this deal... :)

And one does not need a licence for a bow..... with a BP gun, one must prove competency!

And one does not need a licence for a bow..... with a BP gun, one must prove competency!

I just hope somebody tells her the price of my toys when he wants to sell them after I am dead.

I shoot a Bowtech Insanity CPXL. I use the range at Archer's Edge in Pretoria and the indoor range at Bow Shop. I have shot at distances from 20m to 90m. It is an awesome sport

I have just received my sons new Bowtech bow from Redge and DP at Archers Edge. Way to go when you want to get into archery. All round good okes

I imported my APA Innovations Black Mamba Bow last year. I love this baby and with no agent in SA I suspect that I am the only person shooting one in our country. I love my bow!apa.bmp

Contemplating a bow or a black powder rifle.

BP is fun :)

I shoot with a .500cal, it's an awesome thing and reloading (casting own bullets) + powder costs around R1 a shot.

BP is fun smile.png

I shoot with a .500cal, it's an awesome thing and reloading (casting own bullets) + powder costs around R1 a shot.

One ZAR per bullet. Bargain!

I used to shoot Bowtech. Changed to Hoyt. I must agree that you will not get any better service or advice than Redge and his team at Archers Edge. I also own a 0.54 Cal blackpowder rifle. Got to love the smoke

What a silly stirring question, Wittes...... you are older than tht!!

Did you eat up the whole ox that was slaughtered to provide you with the juicy steak you will braai this afternoon?????.

Please Oom, let it go.... lets just discus archery. ?? and maybe BP vs Archery :)

Who among the hubbers does archery? where do you shoot and what bow do you shoot. post some pic's and lets discus!

i have been doing Archery for 21 years now, since i was 13. competed for a while but stopped in 2003. used a compound bow but my real love is a long bow... Recurve is fun too, no sights!

I have been lax since moving to PE, from PTA 4 years ago, but my plan is to take up shooting & hunting big time this year.

I have a Matthews Drenalin in the garage - somewhereblush.png

Very nice group of people involved in bow shootingthumbup1.gif

I have been lax since moving to PE, from PTA 4 years ago, but my plan is to take up shooting & hunting big time this year.

I have a Matthews Drenalin in the garage - somewhereblush.png

Very nice group of people involved in bow shootingthumbup1.gif

my hunting buddy shoots a Drenalin. Fantastic bow