Tribute to Burry

mrbaker

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Time to post one of my favorite pics of him. He is sorely missed and every race I watch I think how well Burry would’ve done!

He would have won!!!!! 

I remember that EPIC stage where every single other top rider got off and pushed and Burry just layed down the watts. I can just imagine what Sauser was thinking at that very moment.

7 years ago........................ Still very sorely missed. O how all MTB results would have been so different. 7 years ago CX was not so big, I am sure Burry would have excelled at CX as well.

7years has flown past .It is a primary school career .A high school and half of varsity time .Life unfortunately does not slow down 

We were chatting about him (and the family ups and downs) on the 01/01/2020. Like many I can remember exactly where I was when I heard the terrible news. Gone but not forgotten.

I bumped into Burry in 2005 at registration in Haenertsberg for the Magoebaskloof MTB race when he rocked up and stood next to me.Already everyone knew who he was.I think he won if I remember correctly.

• 11 months later...

How time goes; took a ride in an area I remember Burry powering up in winning (by miles) a very wet and muddy Hill2Hil back in the day!. I watched him and maybe 3 other pro's riding the section; the rest; to a man or woman, pushed. Today there had been rain and I had to get off and push after maybe 15% of the climb. Helluva thing losing him.