Cyclist assisting a commuter - my faith in roadies restored!!

Cassie

This morning on my way to work in stellenbosch...7:30Am i noticed a cyclist (obviously out on a training ride...kitted in a lumo green windjacket) who had stopped next to the road to help a commuter guy - trying to get to his farm for the days work.....

YOU SIR!!! has restored my faith in humanity...there are still good guys on the road.

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

It is not very often that I see cyclist stop and help workers commuting (who had obviously punctured)...

Well done - I'm sure you also greet fellow riders when you pass them...thumbup1.gif

This morning on my way to work in stellenbosch...7:30Am i noticed a cyclist (obviously out on a training ride...kitted in a lumo green windjacket) who had stopped next to the road to help a commuter guy - trying to get to his farm for the days work.....

YOU SIR!!! has restored my faith in humanity...there are still good guys on the road.

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif thumbup1.gif

It is not very often that I see cyclist stop and help workers commuting (who had obviously punctured)...

Well done - I'm sure you also greet fellow riders when you pass them...thumbup1.gif

And he probably stops at red lights... Edited by Ryanpmb

Shunned by the community, that's why he has to cycle alone!

But no, it's good to hear of good things, even if the good news comes from a MTBer.

Life is hard.

yes, agreed...I was very surprised to see that!!

Since WE are to affect change on the roads that we would like to see....that is a perfect way to start (leading by example).

It certainly did impress me...and left me thinking..."I should do the same next time I'm in that position!!"

Once.... i came across 5 hot chicks struggling with a puncture...... i stopped and helped them...

No, jokes aside, that really did happen.... But with regards to helping commuters out, theres no question, you have to stop... Sometimes it something quick and simple and he wont be late for work... and besides, you will have a friend for life on the road...

Guest The Bushpig

Well Done Dude. thumbup1.gif

A few years ago I snapped and destroyed the chain on the Iron Pig whilst out on a ride and I was pushing my bike home along the side of Hendrik P. I had a big group of Roadies stop to find out if I needed help. Because of that, I always make a point of stopping to offer help if the cyclist looks like everything is not under control.

People generally seem to be much busier and less inclined to stop and help 3 years down the line...

Dont Generalise! Just cos there is one good one out there doesnt mean they are all good. wink.png

and vice versa ......

Once.... i came across 5 hot chicks struggling with a puncture...... i stopped and helped them...

No, jokes aside, that really did happen.... But with regards to helping commuters out, theres no question, you have to stop... Sometimes it something quick and simple and he wont be late for work... and besides, you will have a friend for life on the road...

Did they thank you for your help? whistling.gif

great result man...last year during the durbanville race, ii got 2 punctures and i had no more supplies, i ride with a pair of 50mm deep section wheels so everyone that stopped didnt have the size i needed, i walked with the bike for 3kms...eventually this back marker stopped on a old bike, took one look at my wheels, opened his bag and gave me a tube with a long stem, just what i needed, since then i stop for any cyclist/runner/person that looks like they need help...