Tracking Rider while out on a ride.

Lexx

Does anyone know of any tracking Device or program I can put on my bike or phone that wifey can track me while I'm out training all on my own. The reason I ask is, if something happened, and I'm laying next to the road, they can just go on the net and pin-point and know exactly where I am. Because of all the bike-jackings and cyclist being hit by cars, the wife doesn't like me training for 5+ hours all alone, without knowing exactly where I am.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yip. All the cell service providers offer such a beast, and I know Android has apps that do the same, so maybe ifone and bastardberry do as well?

I played around with one of those fance pants Nokias with windows 8 on over christmas, and apps are sadly lacking...

I have a crapberry, it sucks big time. But will go and have a look now quickly on the bb world and see what they have to offer.

I know that Endomondo's premium version does this too, so you can compare routes in real time.

Still glad I bought it on that Android 99cent sale a while ago...

Coincidentally I foud this on Alibaba last night (my favourite Chinese "eBay").

http://www.alibaba.com/product-gs/496021131/Advanced_tiny_gps_personal_tracker_for.html

Basically, A very small, light weight GPS in which you put a sim card. Whoever wants your location then just calls the number of the SIM inside the GPS, and the GPS sends an SMS back to the caller with your GPS coordinates, current speed and what nots. If the phone is a relatively new phone, you can click the link in the SMS and see where the person is on a map.

Pretty nifty I think.

Pretty nifty I think.

Stunning.

I'm getting one. No, I'm getting two. One for my car and one for my motorbike. I'll do my own vehicle tracking and recovery...

I see it says "child, dog, assets".

I wonder if the dog grumps found had of had one of these, if all the cynics would have still told him to give the owner the third degree before returning the dog.

Edited by TNT1

Stunning.

I'm getting one. No, I'm getting two. One for my car and one for my motorbike. I'll do my own vehicle tracking and recovery...

I see it says "child, dog, assets".

I wonder if the dog grumps found had of had one of these, if all the cynics would have still told him to give the owner the third degree before returning the dog.

Looks pretty cheap as well.

Endomondo on a Blackberry (I use it on the iPhone, it works perfectly) Your wife can track you from the Endomondo site. I use it to check my girlfriend is ok when she rides alone. You can track with the free versions.