Black spade bikes good or bad?

Sitting slip

I have been scooping around at bikes that are not from the well known brAnds and came across black spade bikes. Looks cool or....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Chatted top a bike shop in ct who have built up a good coupe of these bikes and they recon the frame construction seems good. Also chatted to a couple of riders who all said they were very happy with the quality and service.

Personally I find the graphics a but loud, but this can be changed.

Value for money u will not get better!!! I have had the whole range!! Road, dual MTB 26", hard tail 29er and TT bike. Also have a set of Tri combo wheels!! My brother has dual sus 29er. The frames are stiff and responsive!!! U cannot go wrong by buying one of these frames!!!

I've been on the full-sus 29er for the past few months.. best bike I've been on.. road, TT or MTB.. hands down!

The guys at black spade are all about custom bikes and attention to detail, and their service is great. I've got a TT bike and one of their road bikes coming out the shop this week, and they have been running around to make sure that I get each component and custom decal that I want (thanks guys).

I'll post pics when the bikes are out the shop later in the week..

You can import these frames from China direct - all you need is a Credit Card to make payment. The 29er full carbon suspension frame sells for around USD700 = R6300.

I have been riding with one of their 26er frames for almost a year now and have had no problem, I am getting my 29er this week. Yishun bike will even supply shocks, groupsets etc. Just dont buy their wheels..

www.yishunbike.com

I think we need to import more cycling stuff ourselves and send a message to local cycling industry that we are tired of being ripped off with hugely inflated prices on bicycles and bicycle accessories.

You can import these frames from China direct - all you need is a Credit Card to make payment. The 29er full carbon suspension frame sells for around USD700 = R6300.

I have been riding with one of their 26er frames for almost a year now and have had no problem, I am getting my 29er this week. Yishun bike will even supply shocks, groupsets etc. Just dont buy their wheels..

www.yishunbike.com

I think we need to import more cycling stuff ourselves and send a message to local cycling industry that we are tired of being ripped off with hugely inflated prices on bicycles and bicycle accessories.

I agree.

But your price of R6300 is optimistic as a final price landed here. And your warranty is pretty hard to get honoured all the way back to China.

There has been more then one thread on this topic.

Edit: spelling

Edited by petatodd

nope- my price is not optimistic. I have imported MANY products from china.

Warraties offerd on bikes bought locally almost always runs out as soon as any defect comes to the front - they always have some sort of an excuse not to honour the warranty.

nope- my price is not optimistic. I have imported MANY products from china.

What was your landed cost on that 26er frame?

USD =?

import = ?

Just to gauge

www.yishunbike.com

Correct.

I am now busy getting things together for a 29'er HT for my wife. Could to be the hottest 29er you've seen.

I know that Black Spade and a few others are doing allot of work to build their brands, but it all comes down to this. Its a Chinese frame with decals on. You can get that frame from 10 different factories. Most factories in China will slap whatever you want on the frame for $5 more. I ride a 29'er Chinarello, my mate as well, ALL his road bikes are Chinarello. Another mate's as well, 1st mate's GF, and another mate has two, and another one. And soon my wife as well.

The tide has turned.

Johnny Bravo - This forum is about opinion on Black Spade. If you want to punt your own brand, start your own post.

Don't knock guys trying to get a brand up and running. You say you are sick of inflated prices, but then knock a brand that's trying to compete against the known names.

It may be cheap to import your own bike, but the logistics and effort are not worth it. I think the BS bikes are great and the fact they offer customisation makes them unique compared to just "another import".

I for one am a fan of the brand and have spoken to them and they say they want to offer more accessories and clothing as well so they not just about making a quick buck, they in it for the long haul. We should support them, not knock them down.