Trek found in Inhambane, Mozambique

Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Hello!

We took a picture of a high end bike 'owned' by a local near Barra lodge. The local was a scrap with stab wounds to the face! ph34r.png Anyway, I do not cycle but I know that this was definitely stolen. He said he got it from South Africa and I know this is the best place to try find the original owner. thumbup1.gif

post-41455-0-72865300-1358150024_thumb.jpg

Hello!

We took a picture of a high end bike 'owned' by a local near Barra lodge. The local was a scrap with stab wounds to the face! ph34r.png Anyway, I do not cycle but I know that this was definitely stolen. He said he got it from South Africa and I know this is the best place to try find the original owner. thumbup1.gif

Still has eggbeaters on and he has plakkies, thats freshly stolen.

Ya, also has the speed sensor attached to the fork. Wonder if he had a cycle computer that came with the bike when he bought it from the "LBS".

did he steal it from rsa or did he order it (via a fence) from rsa. expand a little it would be interesting to plot the trail backwards to rsa.

I think over the fence! I would love to go get it back, any excuse to go there clap.gif Spoke to Wouter at Cycle lab design quarter yesterday who recommended The Hub as a solution...

Guest Omega Man

A mate of mine spotted an Aprilia Mille in Maputo with a milk crate tied to the pillion seat being used as a delivery bike a few years ago.

This kind of thing makes me SO angry.

Edited by Omega Man

I think over the fence! I would love to go get it back, any excuse to go there clap.gif Spoke to Wouter at Cycle lab design quarter yesterday who recommended The Hub as a solution...

if it was mine, I would kindly ask you to go back (as you said you would love to go back) make him an offer of say a grand for the bike and then when you return it, would pay you a handsome reward.

wait until he gets puncture, he will look for weeks for the tube...........

at least he can put a tube in.........wait until the brake pads wear out!

if it was mine, I would kindly ask you to go back (as you said you would love to go back) make him an offer of say a grand for the bike and then when you return it, would pay you a handsome reward.

Let's do that! The kid obviously needs a bike so maybe bring with a low end bike and some cash... That one looks like big money! Also can someone please tell me the exact model so I can change the thread title. Will make it easier for the unfortunate owner to hear about it.