Bikes for Enduro... The restart

braailegend

8 minutes ago, MORNE said:

like that one year they had Greg  there for the pre show walk down the course and they asked him if he'd have a go...and he just flat out said no way haha. When someone like him says it's bonkers ....it has to be incomprehensible to mere mortals.

EDIT: ignore this...might not have been rampage....the other bonkers DH one

Red Bull Hardline?

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Jewbacca said:

Red Bull Hardline?

thats the one. the road gap at 2:10 had Greg looking for the chicken line lol. it's on youtube. think 2018. 

Edited by MORNE

1 hour ago, MORNE said:

thats the one. the road gap at 2:10 had Greg looking for the chicken line lol. it's on youtube. think 2018. 

This year's road gap was 21m, ignoring the vertical drop. Absolutely insane. Wish I had the skills to do that. 

I won't be watching Rampage again.

It is truly incredible what those athletes are able to do, but watching that crash was sickening. Despite how much the riders groom their lines compared to past lines, the sheer scale of the obstacles is insane.

Added to that, the scoring just didn't seem to accurately reflect the riders runs.

Perhaps I'm not technically minded enough to understand the judge's logic, but I felt there were riders that deserves to score much higher than they did.

Edited by Trashy
Spelling

8 hours ago, Trashy said:

I won't be watching Rampage again.

It is truly incredible what those athletes are able to do, but watching that crash was sickening. Despite how much the riders groom their lines compared to past lines, the sheer scale of the obstacles is insane.

Added to that, the scoring just didn't seem to accurately reflect the riders runs.

Perhaps I'm not technically minded enough to understand the judge's logic, but I felt there were riders that deserves to score much higher than that did.

I agree about the scoring. Many guys I felt threatened Semenuk's run but the scores did not reflect that. Its as if the outcome was already determined...

Not to take anything away from Brandon, he is exceptionally gifted, but the whole event felt very "plastic" to me.

To put yourself in a position of severe risk if things go bad is barely justifiable. To do it when the odds are stacked against you makes no sense.

I'm not sure TVS will return from this. If not, was it worth it in the end?

22 hours ago, Robbie Stewart said:

I agree about the scoring. Many guys I felt threatened Semenuk's run but the scores did not reflect that. Its as if the outcome was already determined...

Not to take anything away from Brandon, he is exceptionally gifted, but the whole event felt very "plastic" to me.

To put yourself in a position of severe risk if things go bad is barely justifiable. To do it when the odds are stacked against you makes no sense.

I'm not sure TVS will return from this. If not, was it worth it in the end?

A lot of people seem to find it unfair that Sorge did 2 solid runs for Semenuk's 1. I do think the scoring and outcome was fair, not pre-determined.

I do think that Semenuk built a very manicured, slope-style type of line and should have been penalized for it. But then again it wasn't like it was smaller in scale and he did it on a single crown which means he needed more technical skill and finesse.

I see TVS reckons he will make a full recovery. Not sure if he will be back.

The progression in the event is insane!!!! Bikes have come on a ton yes but I wonder if those "pioneers" ever though the features would get as big as they are, or if the tricks would be added. Seems they were happy just to make it top to bottom. I mean Kyle's suicide no handers look pretty average these days but were monumental in those first events. 

45 minutes ago, Steven Knoetze (sk27) said:

A lot of people seem to find it unfair that Sorge did 2 solid runs for Semenuk's 1. I do think the scoring and outcome was fair, not pre-determined.

I do think that Semenuk built a very manicured, slope-style type of line and should have been penalized for it. But then again it wasn't like it was smaller in scale and he did it on a single crown which means he needed more technical skill and finesse.

I see TVS reckons he will make a full recovery. Not sure if he will be back.

The progression in the event is insane!!!! Bikes have come on a ton yes but I wonder if those "pioneers" ever though the features would get as big as they are, or if the tricks would be added. Seems they were happy just to make it top to bottom. I mean Kyle's suicide no handers look pretty average these days but were monumental in those first events. 

What was apparent about Semenuk's run was how smooth he made everything look and how seemlessly he moved form one section to the next. Not the most spectacular thing at first but it did look like he'd practised it 100s of times.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...