Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

looks to be similar to the Scott Foil 2014/2015 Frame model Seat post, i could be mistaken

either way its going to be difficult to find a replacement post.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HELP!!! OK, so I got my hands on a really cool chinese carbon aero frame for a good price. BUT, the seatpost has been shortened and is too short to set the bike up for myself!

Any ideas as to what posts could be compatible? (Pics attached) Frame is from Flyxii according to the info I have... (Yes I have mailed them in the hopes of a positive response)

Get hold of Carbon Ninja in Durbs, he can lengthen it for you. PM me if you want his number.

Get hold of Carbon Ninja in Durbs, he can lengthen it for you. PM me if you want his number.

Thx... Dealt with Graeme for other stuff already, was just thinking an original post would be cheaper than rebuilding/lengthening

• 3 weeks later...

Have any of you riff raff found, bought and used a rigid MTB (29er) fork with a thru axel as yet?

Slowly looking for one with a longer axel to crown (To mimic a 120mm suspension fork when sagged)

I've been riding a rigid fork with a "Bolt Thru / Thru Axle" as in it has a nut on the outside of the fork, the threads are not contained in the fork.

Built in Sep 2016 (done almost 2000km) and not had any issues with the Frame or Fork etc.

It's a 29er HT frame with Rigid fork from Flyxii.

post-12440-0-23700600-1555511858_thumb.jpg

Thanks to Meezo I have started my search.

What is the difference between these two Flyxii frames :

FLX-FR-200 ( 29er )

http://www.flyxii.com/PRODUCTSDetial?product_id=29&brd=1

and 

FLX-FR-216 ( 29er )

www.flyxii.com/PRODUCTSDetial?product_id=36

Does anyone have any experience with them ?

both i have built, both really good personally i like the 216 it just looks alot nicer, there's a few still around will get some pics of it

both i have built, both really good personally i like the 216 it just looks alot nicer, there's a few still around will get some pics of it

Thank you for all your help.

Flyxii have offered me a special price on the 216 with Head set, seatpost and extra hanger as they only have small sizes left.

I think I will go for it and maybe try and get an SLX groupset on the CWC sale.

Very excited 

Thank you for all your help.

Flyxii have offered me a special price on the 216 with Head set, seatpost and extra hanger as they only have small sizes left.

I think I will go for it and maybe try and get an SLX groupset on the CWC sale.

Very excited 

cool all the best, let me know if you need anything else :clap: :thumbup:

I have done the deed and bought a frame from Flyxii and they have sent me the tracking number, so now I am sitting refreshing my screen every 30 seconds to find out where it is.  :mellow:

Can anyone tell me what happens when it gets to SA ? Who does it go through for clearing and delivery ? How do I get informed and pay the VAT etc? How long does it typically take ?

• 2 weeks later...

I have done the deed and bought a frame from Flyxii and they have sent me the tracking number, so now I am sitting refreshing my screen every 30 seconds to find out where it is.  :mellow:

Can anyone tell me what happens when it gets to SA ? Who does it go through for clearing and delivery ? How do I get informed and pay the VAT etc? How long does it typically take ?

So, today, not expecting anything and without fanfare, I have a post office truck at my gate with a parcel.

Please pay Rxxx.00 in Vat, sign here and Bob's your uncle. It could not have been easier.

Ironically, on the day I ordered the frame I also ordered some bits and pieces from CRC which are still stuck with their useless couriers...

So, today, not expecting anything and without fanfare, I have a post office truck at my gate with a parcel.

Please pay Rxxx.00 in Vat, sign here and Bob's your uncle. It could not have been easier.

Ironically, on the day I ordered the frame I also ordered some bits and pieces from CRC which are still stuck with their useless couriers...

Great news!!!