Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

So, today, not expecting anything and without fanfare, I have a post office truck at my gate with a parcel.

Please pay Rxxx.00 in Vat, sign here and Bob's your uncle. It could not have been easier.

Ironically, on the day I ordered the frame I also ordered some bits and pieces from CRC which are still stuck with their useless couriers...

A real shambles when you're being outperformed by SAPO.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, today, not expecting anything and without fanfare, I have a post office truck at my gate with a parcel.

Please pay Rxxx.00 in Vat, sign here and Bob's your uncle. It could not have been easier.

Ironically, on the day I ordered the frame I also ordered some bits and pieces from CRC which are still stuck with their useless couriers...

Pics!

CRC are in a mess.  I'm sure the courier issue is putting off potential customers.  That along with the fact they are no longer selling Shimano and SRAM outside of the country.  I would imagine those two products accounted for a large proportion of their international sales.  And now they can't deliver the products that they do sell - it can't bode well for them...

• 2 weeks later...

See guys have bought dual suspension from Hong Fu. How’s the ride and quality? Want to buy dual suspension. Any recommendations?

My HT frame is enroute as well. Waiting patiently, still have some bits outstanding to finish the build though.

Hi guys and gals

Have ordered some stuff from china and just need some assistance with understanding the tracking from those in the know. Specifically lines 2 and 3 as this is the second occurrence of the same wording 

Should I start getting worried that the stuff is stuck?

See below:

2019-05-29 03:52

Leave "International mail Processing Center", Next stop "Shanghai Pudong" (via transfer)

2019-05-28 23:21

"International Mail Processing Center" has been exported directly seal

2019-05-28 23:21

"International Mail Processing Center" return, note: security return

2019-05-26 18:59

"Shanghai International Mail Exchange Station" returned

2019-05-25 13:41

"Shanghai International Mail Exchange Station" library area return scan

2019-05-25 11:58

Shipped by airline

2019-05-25 10:02

Shipped by airline

2019-05-24 03:36

"International Mail Processing Center" has been exported directly seal

2019-05-23 22:25

"International Mail Processing Center" return, note: security return

2019-05-21 14:36

"Shanghai International Mail Exchange Station" returned

2019-05-20 14:10

"Shanghai International Mail Exchange Station" library area return scan

2019-05-20 12:40

Shipped by airline

2019-05-20 12:36

Shipped by airline

See guys have bought dual suspension from Hong Fu. How’s the ride and quality? Want to buy dual suspension. Any recommendations?

Did not like mine initially, BUT, I came off a HT.

Now that I have swapped back and forth between ht and fs frame twice I just love the fs. Got the suspension sorted and its awesome . I enjoy the bike and it looks sexy as well.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, i am looking for a carbon fork and seatpost for a road bike. What (Chinese) retailers would you recommend?

Hi all, i am looking for a carbon fork and seatpost for a road bike. What (Chinese) retailers would you recommend?

Try BXT

• 5 weeks later...

I've been toying with the idea of starting a commuter/gravel grinder/sunday coffee ride build with a chinese carbon frame. Budget around R25-30k.

Found this carbon frame+wheels+fork+seatpost on Aliexpress for R13500 and thought it might be a good place to start? Any thoughts on this, or maybe directions to where I should rather start looking?

post-119556-0-74979500-1566202493_thumb.jpg

I've been toying with the idea of starting a commuter/gravel grinder/sunday coffee ride build with a chinese carbon frame. Budget around R25-30k.

Found this carbon frame+wheels+fork+seatpost on Aliexpress for R13500 and thought it might be a good place to start? Any thoughts on this, or maybe directions to where I should rather start looking?

attachicon.gif1917131874888822800.jpg

Why not from these guys ?

https://ridefarr.com/product-category/frames/

• 5 weeks later...

This thread use to be very active. See there is not a lot of movement on it anymore.  People stop building Chinese bikes or are they just not posting about it anymore?

I do not see many Chinese bikes on rides?

This thread use to be very active. See there is not a lot of movement on it anymore.  People stop building Chinese bikes or are they just not posting about it anymore?

I do not see many Chinese bikes on rides?

It's difficult to type when your hands are bandaged  :oops: