Chinese Carbon Thread

Meezo

Anybody recently bought disc road wheels from China? Seems like they now do not ship to us...and the few that does... Asks a ton of cash to ship via fedex... Any advice/assistance will be helpfull.

WIth no direct flights to China from SAA at the moment the international shipping rates are through the roof.

I have noticed the same with literally everything coming from China, often the shipping is a whole lot more than the purchase price.

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to let everyone know that EMS shipping is now available again from China to SA.

That said, I'll be ordering more rims from my favourite Chinese supplier, NEXTIE.

Check them out at www.nextie.com 

If you're interested, let me know if you'd like to add to my orders - I take care of payments, imorts, taxes for you, whether or not I build your wheels.

post-72928-0-18141900-1616664600_thumb.png

Just want to let everyone know that EMS shipping is now available again from China to SA.

That said, I'll be ordering more rims from my favourite Chinese supplier, NEXTIE.

Check them out at www.nextie.com 

If you're interested, let me know if you'd like to add to my orders - I take care of payments, imorts, taxes for you, whether or not I build your wheels.

guestimate on rim on pricing, 29er enduro rims, so around 30mm ID. i have 32h hubs but maybe 28h could work

guestimate on rim on pricing, 29er enduro rims, so around 30mm ID. i have 32h hubs but maybe 28h could work

All in, I'm selling their premium rims at under R6k per hoop at current rate of exchange and shipping costs, which are still a little high.

They have a 3 year warranty and 3 year 50% off crash replacement policy.

I've had to take them up on this and they've been superb in supporting me.

Edited by nick_the_wheelbuilder

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.diycarbonbikes.com/collections/fullsuspensionframes/products/29er-or-27-5-dcb-f130-fuel-style-carbon-fs-mtb-frame?variant=33013170176080

Hi all, looking at this frame, is there anything equivalent from reputable sellers, any other sellers on the interwebs that sell Chinese carbon frames?

Dengfu etc?

Kind regards

Ty (DIY Carbon Bikes) is based in USA and imports blank Chinese components and frames, builds them up and re-sells them to the local market (so they don't have to deal with imports / builds etc).  Much like Rob Booth did for Booth bikes in SA (if you know of Rob Booth)...

Ty seems like a decent guy - I've messaged him a couple times and he's been really helpful with advice for my builds.

So long story short - try drop him a message and ask who he buys from in China.  Let him know you are in SA and not trying to cut him out.  He may let you know...

And all that said, try ICAN bikes.  Just at a glance the bike in the link looks similar to the 130mm Ican bike:

https://icancycling.com/collections/mtb-frame/products/trail-bike-frame-p1