LCHF - Low Carb High Fat Diet Ver 2

Dustorbust collected 9 litres today (thanks and enjoy :thumbup: )

Still have at least 11 litres of VCO left for anyone crazy enough about VCO to come collect early tomorrow morning.

Oh8four three72 ten14 for address.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bulletproof coffee mostly. Been enjoying it with green tea.

Can make macadamia butter and other LCHF goodies with it.

Dustorbust collected 9 litres today (thanks and enjoy :thumbup: )

Still have at least 11 litres of VCO left for anyone crazy enough about VCO to come collect early tomorrow morning.

Oh8four three72 ten14 for address.

Bugger. Can't get through there today.

What's your coffee recipe?

Lots of variations .. gooogle "bullet proof coffee".

My personal variation is like this:

1 shot espresso

100ml cream

50ml full cream milk

30ml coconut oil

30ml butter (I don't always add the butter)

Mix the whole lot together, put in a travel mug (about 350ml volume) and top up with boiling water. It's about 850calories all in, so go easy if weight loss is your goal.

A quick question for the farming guru's here ...

Is "olive oil" the same as "olive seed oil"?

Reason for asking is that I always look for products in olive oil rather than sunflower or canola oil. So I have found a few sardine in oil products on the market that are all labelled "in Olive oil"

post-27777-0-58672000-1391164278_thumb.jpg

... BUT, if you look in the ingredients list, they all say "vegetable oil (olive seed)". So is it the same? or should olive seed oil be avoided like other seed oils?

post-27777-0-11569900-1391164289_thumb.jpg

How can we trust the dietitians?

post-686-1391164318,0909.jpg

So ironic, the very basis/majority of that diet consists of grains and cereals. Sponsored by Kellogs. Makes perfect sense

Have found the following wrt the "olive seed oil" question.

Taken from http://www.tribunein...rum/fitness.htm

Olive oil comes in a number of varieties, including extra-virgin, virgin, pure / refined/ light, and pomace.

Extra-virgin or the first pressed olive oil is the highest quality of olive oil and accounts for less than 10 per cent of oil in many producing countries. Olives and water are mixed to make a pulp and oil is extracted by a mechanical system. This oil has the highest polyphenol content and corresponds to an acidity level of <0.8 per cent. It usually has a bitter pungent fruity aromatic taste and its colour varies from dark green to dark yellow, depending on the variety of olives. It has a high smoking point. Being one of the most valuable and best that money can buy, extra-virgin oil must conform to the International Olive Oil Council (IOOC) standards.

Virgin olive oil, a slightly lower category is based on acidity levels which are <2 per cent. This oil is not bound by strict guidelines but follows the same extraction process. Olive oil (pure / refined) with an acidity of <3 per cent. This oil is obtained by refining virgin olive oils (not olive-pomace oils) that have a high acidity level and/or taste defects which are eliminated after refining. This method of refining is not high heat refining and is done by use of filters and caustic soda. Refined oil is generally tasteless, odourless, and colourless. It is a blend of refined olive oil and extra-virgin olive oil.

Pomace or olive seed oil is extracted from the pulp or paste that is left over by using high heat and solvents. It is blended with a little extra-virgin olive oil (as little as 1 per cent), for taste and flavour. With a low level of nutrients and polyphenols, it is inferior, cheaper and has a high smoking point.

I still could not find anything in terms of if it is as bad for you as other grain/seed oils, but my guess at this stage is that even if it is low grade, it's still a mono-unsaturated fat as opposed to a poly, so might be ok.

Edited by DaleE

Same thing that happened to Tombeej if you know what happened to him. We all miss both of their valuable input.

What happened, did they adopt HC again? :cursing:

What happened, did they adopt HC again? :cursing:

Dunno about Tombeej, but htone certainly still on the LCHF path. He has a new job, so working flat out and not much time for forums